New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Normally, I don't take pics while driving (dangerous)... but this accident slowed traffic down so badly the other night, I just couldn't resist:

Anggaling talaga ng driver ng dump-truck na yun... the gouge marks are still in the asphalt under the bridge. :hysterical:

Another one:

"Traffic, ano?"

"Di ba uso ang 'overtaking sa shoulder' dito sa SLEX?"

"Oo nga!"

"Traffic pa rin!"

"Sige, one more lane!"

"Traffic pa rin!"

"Sige, one mo-"

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    pucha akala ko yun dump truck e post sa ilalim ng bridge.. took me a while to figure that one out... tsk tsk tsk... uso pa naman ang usi sa pinas kaya lalong nagtatraffic

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    In fairness nasa slow lane ang dumptruck

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    what exactly happened here?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Not sure, but likely scenario:

1. Dump Truck enters highway, goes to construction area (it's just a few hundred meters before the bridge).

2. Driver dumps his load.

3.a Driver is in a hurry to get home... late na! Drives off without lowering his bed.

3.b Driver is in a hurry to get home... late na! Presses the button to lower the bed, but doesn't notice that the bed doesn't lower.

4. Driver runs into overpass at around 60-80 km/h. Truck twists and bends like a pretzel as the bed wedges in and lifts the truck six feet into the air (sorry, di ko na-picturan yun... it was amazing!). The stress is unbelievable, and all the glass on the truck shatters from the deformation.

------

By the way... the new pavement that they're building sucks. It's brand new and already the asphalt is lumpy.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Ok, so that IS a vertical dump truck. Haha. I looked at that and thought, "Am I seeing this right?"

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    kala ko super powered dump truck at nag wheelie amp! my gosh how iresponsible....

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ganyan yung nangyari sa Ortigas ave., sa may tikling yata yun. hindi alam ng driver na umaangat na yung pang dump nya, pagdating sa may overpass biglang sumabit. Hindi agad matanggal kasi umangat yung concrete overpass, delikado na malaglag at humarang sa daan. hatinggabi din nangyari yun.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Grabe ito, hahaha!!!
    Good pics!

2501:showoff:

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    ganyan talaga pag hindi man lang umabot ng Physics 101 or fourth year HS ang mga driver ... they invent their own physics

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
It Boggles the Mind... (SLEX Incident)