New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nung nag-driving exam ako sa US may binusinahan ako na biker. Pinagalitan ako nung taga DMV huwag ko daw businahan kasi may rights daw yung biker same as any motor vehicle. Sabi sa akin treat the bicycle as you would treat a 4-wheeled vehicle, GIVE THEM THE SAME SPACE. So now kahit matagal na akong nasa Pinas i still do the same, i give bikers and motorcyclists the same courtesy and space that i would give any other vehicle on the road. May karapatan din sila gumitna. To you it may seem dangerous but to them they are just doing what you have the same rights to do if you were that person on the bike.

Kung 18-wheeler yung nasa gitna paakyat sa marcos hiway at gumagapang ito paakyat di mo din naman bubusinahan para tumabi siya di ba? You will wait until such time it is safe for you to overtake. So ganun din dapat, huwag ka mag-high blood kung may mabagal na biker sa harap kasi di ka naman magha-high blood kung mas malaki yung nasa harap mo.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    Nung nag-driving exam ako sa US may binusinahan ako na biker. Pinagalitan ako nung taga DMV huwag ko daw businahan kasi may rights daw yung biker same as any motor vehicle. Sabi sa akin treat the bicycle as you would treat a 4-wheeled vehicle, GIVE THEM THE SAME SPACE. So now kahit matagal na akong nasa Pinas i still do the same, i give bikers and motorcyclists the same courtesy and space that i would give any other vehicle on the road. May karapatan din sila gumitna. To you it may seem dangerous but to them they are just doing what you have the same rights to do if you were that person on the bike.

Kung 18-wheeler yung nasa gitna paakyat sa marcos hiway at gumagapang ito paakyat di mo din naman bubusinahan para tumabi siya di ba? You will wait until such time it is safe for you to overtake. So ganun din dapat, huwag ka mag-high blood kung may mabagal na biker sa harap kasi di ka naman magha-high blood kung mas malaki yung nasa harap mo.
    Yan nga turo sa defensive driving seminar. Treat them as a 4-wheel vehicle kasi sobrang luma na traffic laws natin at hindi na-uupdate pa nang tama. Pero dapat daw talaga (ideally) may biking lane at kung wala, sa gilid lang sila. Hindi puwede gumitna kasi mabagal nga, hindrance to smooth traffic flow. Yung malaking truck siyempre ibang usapan yun. Size niya problema eh.

Kaya defensive driving ka na nga lang and give them wide berth kasi talo ka sa kaso if nasagi sila, tapos malabo pa magkaroon biking lane dito sa Pinas. Wala sa plano nang mga lawmakers or planners mga ganyang bagay dito sa atin. Mas madami problema eh.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    In the video of the OP, the cyclists seems to be able to cope up with the traffic well so I don't see anything wrong aside from a few minor things like keeping distance from the Vios in front. It's true that it is generally recommend that cyclists stay at the right-most lane (LHD countries) whenever possible. That is a big gray area in the Philippines as the right-most lane is usually littered with road hazards. As a former cyclist myself (90's pa yun ha), I know first hand that there's no way you can keep your pace and momentum on the right-most lane. Every few meters, may hihinto na jeep or tricycle. In fact, I can't count how many occasions I was cut by PUVs. Other road hazards includes open storm grates, pedestrians, loose dirt/sand, debris, water puddles, etc.). So instead of weaving in and out of the right-most lane (which is construed by motorists as being unpredictable), cyclists tend to stay out of the rightmost lane more for practical and safety reasons.

As for the 2nd cyclist cutting the OP, I'll go out on the limb to say that it's probably the OP who should've provided him space. Just saying and I don't mean no offense. Again, they're keeping up with the traffic naman so the OP could've just followed him at a safe distance and matched his speed, and then overtake only when the cyclists went back to the outer lane.

Tip for all: Be the bigger man. More often than not, pride and the resulting road rage will just likely get us all into an accident.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007

what if you already gave them more than enough space, then sila pa din yung lumapit sayo recklessly... or ikaw pa yung ginigitgit to the point na ikaw naman na yung walang space. People always talks about rights, but rights are not always absolute especially in public places. If I have to respect their rights on the road, they should respect mine as well.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post

As for the 2nd cyclist cutting the OP, I'll go out on the limb to say that it's probably the OP who should've provided him space. Just saying and I don't mean no offense. Again, they're keeping up with the traffic naman so the OP could've just followed him at a safe distance and matched his speed, and then overtake only when the cyclists went back to the outer lane.

Tip for all: Be the bigger man. More often than not, pride and the resulting road rage will just likely get us all into an accident.
    This is exactly what I did... Blow my horn to warn them that they are getting close to my car and let them pass..
    Also the purpose of this thread naman is to talk about safetly concerns and road limitations at not to promote hatred to bikers. as I have said, I'll be one of them in a few days kse I ordered na my bikes (2 bikes for me and my wife). Sa video if you'll watch closer, the third biker cut me on the right without any signal, considering na wide ang mga dashcam sa video pala sobrang lapit na nya what more sa actual.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I hope I am not being misconstrued as somebody defending the cyclists in the video. We all have different thresholds. One infraction may be offensive to some but still somewhat tolerable to others. I can tolerate them more because I've been there and I know how it is from a cyclist's perspective. Though, I'll concede to say that I was not there when it happened so my opinion about what actions you could've taken could be unfounded or even irrelevant.

But let me just iterate that we can all benefit from being more patient and forgiving.... sadly, two of the many good values that are becoming less and less apparent with each passing generation of motorists.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by japeeps View Post
    what if you already gave them more than enough space, then sila pa din yung lumapit sayo recklessly... or ikaw pa yung ginigitgit to the point na ikaw naman na yung walang space. People always talks about rights, but rights are not always absolute especially in public places. If I have to respect their rights on the road, they should respect mine as well.
    Well it does go both ways, di ko naman sinabi na wala kang rights. His rights end where yours begin, and vice-versa.

But remember the defensive driving rule, "Do not insist on your right of way." Accidents happen when we do. So kung sakali na-invade yung space mo e di ikaw na mas malawak ang pagiisip ang magbigay. Biker yun e, pag siya sumemplang at nasagasaan mo patay siya. Ikaw nasa loob ng kotse maaalog ka lang ng konti pag nasagasaan mo siya. Give way na lang bro. Besides, di mo naman sure kung sinasadya nya na gitgitin ka, baka naman pagod na yung tao at nakabig lang ang manibela sa pagpadyak.
    Last edited by yebo; June 25th, 2014 at 01:18 PM.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Besides, di mo naman sure kung sinasadya nya na gitgitin ka, baka naman pagod na yung tao at nakabig lang ang manibela sa pagpadyak.
    I agree with this.. I myself is a mountain biker & do epic rides at sa sobrang pagod at hirap di talaga maiwasan na gumilid or gumitna ng pwesto pero kung meron man akong nagitgit I just wave my hand as a sign of apology.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Well it does go both ways, di ko naman sinabi na wala kang rights. His rights end where yours begin, and vice-versa.

But remember the defensive driving rule, "Do not insist on your right of way." Accidents happen when we do. So kung sakali na-invade yung space mo e di ikaw na mas malawak ang pagiisip ang magbigay. Biker yun e, pag siya sumemplang at nasagasaan mo patay siya. Ikaw nasa loob ng kotse maaalog ka lang ng konti pag nasagasaan mo siya. Give way na lang bro. Besides, di mo naman sure kung sinasadya nya na gitgitin ka, baka naman pagod na yung tao at nakabig lang ang manibela sa pagpadyak.

that's exactly what I did sir... again bumusina ako then I let them pass
    again this thread is for bikers and drivers to know their limitations and share their inputs... not really asking for advise or anything, pinakita ko yung video sa goon squad so people would know the danger at mapuna yung pagkakamali ng iba para hinde maulit at maiwasan ang disgrasya.

and yes I dont have any intentions to insist yung space ko at sagasaan yung nagbibisikleta.. as for I posted this para dun sa mga nagbibike eh maging sensitive sa kalsada... also for the drivers

sadly pasingit singit yung mga cyclist sa video sa ibat ibang sasakyan which is di ko na sinama sa video kse mahaba at malayo na.. from OLFU to Masinag na parang nagkakarera. Masami silang kasama which is nasa tabi naman then sila yung nauna. Eto lang yung part na sinama ko sa video kse eto yung pinakamalapit na kuha.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Binababaran ko ng busina yang mga yan dito sa amin, for their safety. May daan kasi dito na ang outer lane ay kasya lang ang bike, so duon ka for your own safety. Meron nga dito sa diversion road, four lanes aba! dun sila sa inner lane. Again alam mo dapat ang limit mo as a biker.

Wag kupal, dahil kahit anong mahal pa yang bike mo eh pag nasagi kang tanga ka, todas kaparin. Dun ka sa lane mo.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast