New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    I also follow the "treat them as you would another vehicle" concept. Siguro ang nakakairita lang minsan is, they will try to overtake you given the chance, kahit na alam nilang mas mabagal naman sila when the traffic clears.

For example, may sinusundan kang mabagal na tricycle na tinatry mo iovertake. While patiently waiting for a chance to overtake, merong bike sa likod mo na inovertake-an ka and the tricycle din. And when the tricycle finally goes right to drop off or pickup a passenger, stuck ka naman sa likod nung bike na ayaw naman ngayon tumabi. Happens to me a lot so I guess sanay na ako.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    What makes my BP spike up is when they try to do slowly squeeze beside you in a bumper to bumper traffic situation. While moving slowly, you'll see that they're trying to do a balancing act -- yung parang acrobat na nagbabalance sa unicycle.
    At this point, you're just bracing for that moment when you hear that dreadful KATANK sound of their handlebar or foot pedal hitting your car because they lost their balance.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by japeeps View Post

Met these bikers while driving in marcos hway...
    Hope they also mind their safety and other motorists.
    Maluwag naman sana sa tabi bakit kailangan pa sa gitna may isa pang nag attempt mag overtake sa kotse.
    parang wala namang mali sa video. halos magkasing bilis lang kayo. kasi kung palusong at nasa gilid ang naka bike mas delikado baka maipit ng jeep.
    kung wala ba yung naka bike nakatutuk ka likod ng vios?

4. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jave View Post
    I hold an opinion that bikers are worse than motorcyclists.

1. It's harder to notice them since either they're pretty much silent and majority of them either don't have lights or carry ones that have the output not far from penlights.
    2. Most of them don't think of themselves as vehicles but more as pedestrians: meaning, go where they want to go in the direction they want to go, ignoring everything and every rule.
    3. Majority of them have no idea of road rules, don't pay road tax or require any license to use and yet demand the same rights as motorists.
    Sir please don't use the word majority, isa akong biker dito sa Baguio at wala pa akong kakilalang biker dito na walang alam sa road rules

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by paragos View Post
    Sir please don't use the word majority, isa akong biker dito sa Baguio at wala pa akong kakilalang biker dito na walang alam sa road rules
    sa manila madami.

anyway, ang alam ko lang ng bikers that follow wearing correct gear (helmet, lights, reflectors, etc) and are conscious of their and other people's safety are member of bike clubs or was exposed to bike clubs (may kaibigan na member, enthusiasts) sadly, mas madami ang hindi member ng bike clubs.

twice na din ako binangga ng bike na nagcounterflow... partida pa yan, naka tigil ako sa side ng street with hazards on.

yung biker pa galit.

Sent from my Thrill 430x using Tapatalk 2

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew1028 View Post
    parang wala namang mali sa video. halos magkasing bilis lang kayo. kasi kung palusong at nasa gilid ang naka bike mas delikado baka maipit ng jeep.
    kung wala ba yung naka bike nakatutuk ka likod ng vios?
    Syempre hinde... since I maintain proper distance... pero since sumingit sila sa harap ko then I dont have proper distance with them(sa nagbabike) anymore. as you can see pinipilit ko dumistansya, then the third bike came...

so delikado sa rightmost lane dahil sa jeep.. pero hinde delikado sa leftmost na considered as overtaking lane or fast lane... ganun ba yun? anyway.. hope other bikers (including me na) consider road safety for everyone using the road.. hinde yung safety lang nila..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123