New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    They say God is everywhere, so you can worship anywhere. You don't have to show people you go to church to "pray".

Nakiki wi-fi lang
    That was also my belief for a very long time, until I realized, upon deep reflection, why we are called to attend the holy mass. During the holy mass, we gather as a community of believers to worship and pray not only for ourselves but for and with others. As a community in brotherhood with Christ, we owe it upon ourselves to look and care, spiritually and physically, to our fellowmen. That is why when our Lord Jesus Christ taught us the "Lord's Prayer", He did not start with "My Father..." but "Our Father...". This is meant to be prayed in communion with others. When we say "Hail Mary..." we do not say "pray for me sinner now at the hour of my death" but "pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death." The priest does not also say "Let me pray" but "Let us pray". We pray for the living and our dead and even ask the Blessed Virgin Mary, the saints and angels to pray and intercede for us. Of course, there is nothing wrong in worshiping and praying anywhere and alone. That would build ones personal relationship and intimacy with the Almighty God. It is not, however, sufficient. We are also called to do our christian obligation. By the way, sorry for the long discussion and for being OT on this.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Maybe it's not within the capacity of the church to afford large lots. Also, yung ibang simbahan panahon pa ni kopong kopong nakatayo so yung lupa is di na naexpand. Di naman ganun kadami nagsisimba na may sasakyan dati. Let's face it, overcrowded talaga tayo dito sa metro. And come to think of it, every month boom ang sales ng sasakyan. Do the math (or physics?).

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Harharhar check quiapo church outskirts, they even sell pampalaglag. Catholics at work

Nakiki wi-fi lang

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by rfgoons View Post
    We are also called to do our christian obligation. By the way, sorry for the long discussion and for being OT on this.
    Dba kasama sa inyong obligation ay hindi mamerwisyo nang inyong kapwa? Dba tinuturo din yan?

Alam na walang parking bakit hindi na lang mamasahe or maglakad hindi eh dun pa mismo magbaba nang pasahero nang mga maganda nyong sasakyan.

Kasehodang Nakikita na nila ang sobra haba nang traffic dahil sa kagagawan nang mga nakapark sa gitna nang kalsada.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by leodawesome View Post
    Maybe it's not within the capacity of the church to afford large lots. Also, yung ibang simbahan panahon pa ni kopong kopong nakatayo so yung lupa is di na naexpand. Di naman ganun kadami nagsisimba na may sasakyan dati. Let's face it, overcrowded talaga tayo dito sa metro. And come to think of it, every month boom ang sales ng sasakyan. Do the math (or physics?).
    yep the city is overcrowded but that's a problem that the church and its goers should solve. the general public shouldn't be the one to bear the burden for the mere convenience of these churchgoers

this is the problem when it comes to issues w/ the church and/or "god". these people seem to have the divine priviledge because they're doing something "for god", so everyone can just phuck themselves. "i'm a christian and i'm gonna park in the middle of the road coz god says so"

6. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by rfgoons View Post
    That was also my belief for a very long time, until I realized, upon deep reflection, why we are called to attend the holy mass. During the holy mass, we gather as a community of believers to worship and pray not only for ourselves but for and with others. As a community in brotherhood with Christ, we owe it upon ourselves to look and care, spiritually and physically, to our fellowmen. That is why when our Lord Jesus Christ taught us the "Lord's Prayer", He did not start with "My Father..." but "Our Father...". This is meant to be prayed in communion with others. When we say "Hail Mary..." we do not say "pray for me sinner now at the hour of my death" but "pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death." The priest does not also say "Let me pray" but "Let us pray". We pray for the living and our dead and even ask the Blessed Virgin Mary, the saints and angels to pray and intercede for us. Of course, there is nothing wrong in worshiping and praying anywhere and alone. That would build ones personal relationship and intimacy with the Almighty God. It is not, however, sufficient. We are also called to do our christian obligation. By the way, sorry for the long discussion and for being OT on this.

that's exactly what the spaniards wanted you to do. attend church, get force-fed with their propaganda, confess your sins, hope to attain salvation that could only be gotten through their church. it let them keep tabs on everyone and maintain control

in the process it totally destroyed the filipino culture and spirit. the (bad) effects of which could be seen all around you today

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    I don't really think it's a matter of religion but more on the tendency of people here to be short sighted or inconsiderate of strangers. Either hindi nila naisip na nakakaperwisyo na sila or wala sila pakialam na maging bastos o garapal sa mga hindi nila kilala.

Cases in point:
    1. The scenario in which this thread is about. Wala sila pakialam makaperwisyo ng ibang tao basta makapark lang at makapagsimba. Or on a related note, mga taong nagsisimba pero nakaharang sa daanan ng tao. Paano kaya makakapasok at makalabas ang iba?
    2. PUV's stopping everywhere and commuters loading and unloading anywhere.
    3. Maglakad ka lang kung saan, ang daming tumatambay na nakaharang sa daan or kung maglakad buong hilera hinarangan tapos ang bagal bagal pa.
    4. Naglalakad ka tapos biglang may bobo mag cut sa harap tapos biglang tigil para kausapin yung mga barkada.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by jave View Post
    I don't really think it's a matter of religion but more on the tendency of people here to be short sighted or inconsiderate of strangers. Either hindi nila naisip na nakakaperwisyo na sila or wala sila pakialam na maging bastos o garapal sa mga hindi nila kilala.

Cases in point:
    1. The scenario in which this thread is about. Wala sila pakialam makaperwisyo ng ibang tao basta makapark lang at makapagsimba. Or on a related note, mga taong nagsisimba pero nakaharang sa daanan ng tao. Paano kaya makakapasok at makalabas ang iba?
    2. PUV's stopping everywhere and commuters loading and unloading anywhere.
    3. Maglakad ka lang kung saan, ang daming tumatambay na nakaharang sa daan or kung maglakad buong hilera hinarangan tapos ang bagal bagal pa.
    4. Naglalakad ka tapos biglang may bobo mag cut sa harap tapos biglang tigil para kausapin yung mga barkada.
    Teaching of the church ang issue dito... Alam naman nang tiga simbahan ang problem bakit hindi nila sabihan ang mga umaattend nang miss nila.

Or wala din pakialam ang simbahan.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    *Clav:

Your last sentence is most probably the most accurate one. One or two priests (most likely foreign ones) might have included it in his Homily but the listeners are probably too thick or stubborn to change. Church in general thinks they have bigger fish to fry. Other priests don't think of this as an issue or realize its existence, maybe because such attitude is already ingrained in this damaged culture.

10. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CLAVEL3699 View Post
    Dba kasama sa inyong obligation ay hindi mamerwisyo nang inyong kapwa? Dba tinuturo din yan?

Alam na walang parking bakit hindi na lang mamasahe or maglakad hindi eh dun pa mismo magbaba nang pasahero nang mga maganda nyong sasakyan.

Kasehodang Nakikita na nila ang sobra haba nang traffic dahil sa kagagawan nang mga nakapark sa gitna nang kalsada.
    Yes, you are correct on this. Lahat naman ng major religions preached na huwag mamerwisho sa iba. However, part of being a christian and a catholic is the fact that we are all sinners. We struggle everyday from sin and the temptation of sin. We struggle each day in doing good. That is the reason why we pray everyday from deliverance from sin. Being a christian does not mean being perfect or being blameless or faultless. But, it does not also mean that we live by sin. It means that we must avoid the occassion of sin and to do good. Even our saints, during their lifetime, are not free from sin and temptation. St. Augustine led a worldly life before he became holy. St. Camillus was a cruel soldier before he was converted. It is a matter of overcoming our sinful tendencies.

I am grateful for this thread as it gives us and the others who read this the opportunity to correct our mistakes and to value the rights of others and to respect traffic rules. It makes us realized our shortcomings. Thank you.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast