New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Beware of Squatters with rock in hand...

Throwing rocks at passing vehicles is a pastime that seems to be alive and well among the scum of the earth. We already know that this very dangerous act takes place on expressways like SCTEX and on urban roads like Araneta Avenue.

Here are two separate incidents that occurred on two consecutive nights this week, in the same location: the Quezon Avenue tunnel in Quezon City.

The first happened to the car of Cams Anareta's father (top photo). She narrates:

At around 7:30pm on Monday (June 15), my father's car en route to Quezon City Circle and running at 40kph was hit by a huge stone that was intentionally dropped by unknown individuals who were loitering at the top of the tunnel.

The second happened to Ving Del Prado (bottom photo), who shares:

Earlier tonight (June 16), around 9pm, while driving through the Quezon Avenue tunnel--the one that passes underneath EDSA--my car was hit by a big rock thrown from the street above. Luckily, only the rear passenger-side door was hit and not the windshield. I also noticed that there were a lot of rocks already scattered along the road, obviously thrown from above! I opted to keep on driving instead of stopping to inspect the damage. Who knows what could have happened had I stopped? Upon arriving home, I checked my car and saw these deep scratches.

Do you regularly drive this route? If so, consider yourself warned. And to the QC authorities, please: Do your job.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Monday night, I drove through this tunnel from EDSA to Circle and indeed, I noticed piles of rocks on the innermost lane. There should be electrified mesh above to protect motorists. People caught doing this should be caned in public.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Di na yata safe ngayon ang kalsada natin
    Is that a pajero?
    Kawawa naman ang mga motorists dyan sa mga loko na iyan ang hirap-hirap magtrabaho para may pangkain sa pamilya,pambili ng sasakyan atbp. tapos dadagdagn pa nila ng sakit sa bulsa

4. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Do they do this (throwing rocks at motorists) at nighttime lang? Or any time of day?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kai s. View Post
    Do they do this (throwing rocks at motorists) at nighttime lang? Or any time of day?
    Anytime of the day since wala naman magawa sa buhay ang mga animal na yan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Paging MMDA, QCPD, Mayor Bistek, DSWD, etc. etc. -- gawin nyo naman trabaho niyo.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by leonleon View Post
    Paging MMDA, QCPD, Mayor Bistek, DSWD, etc. etc. -- gawin nyo naman trabaho niyo.
    he he he..kung gusto may paraan.
    kung ayaw maraming dahilan..

dati parang na aasar ako sa mga aktibista,,

ngayon unti unti ko nang nauunawaan sila..

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by leonleon View Post
    he he he..kung gusto may paraan.
    kung ayaw maraming dahilan..

dati parang na aasar ako sa mga aktibista,,

ngayon unti unti ko nang nauunawaan sila..

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    hays kaya ako napapalayo eh, either mag west ave ako or sa edsa then uturn nalang ako dadaan pag ppunta q.ave eh.

muntik narin ako matamaan ng bato dyan sa underpass na yan. buti nalang duling yun bumato hindi tumama sakin

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

hays kaya ako napapalayo eh, either mag west ave ako or sa edsa then uturn nalang ako dadaan pag ppunta q.ave eh.

muntik narin ako matamaan ng bato dyan sa underpass na yan. buti nalang duling yun bumato hindi tumama sakin

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Dapat talaga ma-clear na of squatters ang area na yan. Pag well developed na ito, wala na sigurong mga loko loko na ganyan.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    It shouldn't be too much trouble to put up some security cameras in that area....

...or, preferrably, set up a sniper to take out the rock throwers.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast