New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Kung nakasuot lang yung seatbelt mo hindi siya magkakaroon ng pagkakataon na kotongan ka. Para sa akin kasalanan mo pa rin yung pagkahuli mo.

SEAT BELT LAW (RA 8750)

Republic Act 8750 also known as the "Seat Belt Law" has been enforced since May 1, 2000.

Motorists should be informed of the following:

1. The driver and passengers seated in the front seat of a vehicle, especially automobiles, Sports Utility Vehicles (SUV) and Utility Vehicles (UV), whether private or public, brand new or old, should use the seat belt provided.
    2. Passengers not facing the front of the vehicle or seated on "jump seats" are not required to wear seat belts.
    3. For Public Utility Jeeps (PUJs), the driver and passengers in front should wear seat belts.
    4. For Public Utility Buses (PUBs), the driver, passengers seated directly behind the driver and passengers seated by the doors of the vehicle are required to wear seat belts.
    5. For School and Tourist Buses, seat belts should be worn by the driver, passengers seated directly behind the driver and passengers seated on the last row seats.
    6. Penalties and Fines:

A. For the driver/conductor/owner/operator:

For not wearing the Seat belt:
    First Offense P 250.00
    Second Offense P 500.00
    Third Offense P 1,000.00 and one week suspension of license.

For not informing passengers to wear the seat belt:
    For every offense P 300.00

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    i agree with you guys na may kasalanan ako dun. when i said useless what i meant was kung mahigpit sila sa mga private cars dapat ganun din sa lahat ng mgasasakyan. nung time na nahuli ako it was traffic along Ortigas going to EDSA. The car beside me porke ba taxi lang kahit di naka seatbelt pinabayaan at ako ang pinili. kahit wala naman batas dyan eh talaga naman dapat tayo mag seatbelt eh kaso nung implemented na ginawa lang palabigasan ng ibang enforcers. natatawa ako sa mga jeepneys na may seatbelts yun ang useless.

nakakaasar lang eh fully tinted car ko kaya talagang nagulat ako at ako ang minalas. mas mamamatay pa tayo sa pollution dito sa pinas kesa sa banggaan dahil sa sobrang traffic eh. well next time i'll never forget to wear my seatbelt again.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    naging patakaran ko na mag suot ng seat belt mula ng mga nakabasa ako ng aksidente ng hindi pag gamit ng seat belt .
    .kaya lang minsan naka ugalian ko na kahit ilalabas ko lang ng garahe ang sasakyan nagagamit ko pa din mag seat belt ..mabuti na ito kaysa mahuli or makotongan pa

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    You violated two things - for not wearing seat belt and for giving bribes to the MMDA personnel.

Bakit nga ba the other occupants of the vehicles are not required to wear seat belts?. Pag nagkaroon ng banggaan, these occupants would also move forward and might cause injuries to the occupants in front of them. The seat belts would restrain them from moving forward and hit other occupants.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni View Post
    You violated two things - for not wearing seat belt and for giving bribes to the MMDA personnel.
    +1
    You violated a law and decided that the remedy was to break another law. All your actions did was encourage this MMDA personnel to accept more bribes because it pays to be corrupt. You knew you were wrong and opted to bribe the guy instead of accepting the ticket and reporting the guy because he asked for a bribe. Who is worst in this situation, him for asking the bribe or you for actually giving it? To me you are just as corrupt as he is, it may be blunt but it's the truth.

To quote a Michael Jackson song.
    "I'm starting with the man in the mirror
    I'm asking him to change his ways
    And no message could have been any clearer
    If you wanna make the world a better place
    Take a look at yourself, and then make a change"

If you want graft and corruption to stop in the Philippines each individual should start with themselves before looking to others. It may be idealistic but it's the only way I can see my homeland changing for the better. Rant over.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni View Post
    Bakit nga ba the other occupants of the vehicles are not required to wear seat belts?. Pag nagkaroon ng banggaan, these occupants would also move forward and might cause injuries to the occupants in front of them. The seat belts would restrain them from moving forward and hit other occupants.
    This TV ad graphically shows that possibility:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0xt-fpFnmk

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Parehas kayong dapat i-goon squad. You for bribing the MMDA and the MMDA for accepting your bribe.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    useless in a way kasi 10kph lang daw average speed pag rush hour... hehehe....

but then again, batas nga po.. kaya sumunod... ;)

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Two wrongs don't make a right.

Pag alam kong mali ako nagpapa-ticket ako.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CaMoTe!!! View Post
    useless in a way kasi 10kph lang daw average speed pag rush hour... hehehe....

but then again, batas nga po.. kaya sumunod... ;)
    true on the batas. kaya nga batas, kaya nga may systema kailangan sumunod.. anyway on the other hand maski po 1 km/hr pa yan kailangan mo pa rin mag seat belt.

Anak ng boss ko alam nyo ba na total wreck ang sasakyan. Alam nyo kung saan na total wreck? Sa parking lot! At ang nagpasave sa kanyang buhay ay ang kanyang seatbelt. Biro mo parking lot iyon ah. Binangga sya at nakahinto sya.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Balasubas Na Mmda