New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    from viosclubphil....

Guys, i just wanna share this experience of mine last weekend . . .

I went to work last Saturday in Makati, and since I'll be staying in the office till 5 PM I decided to park my Vios on a sidestreet (parking is free on weekends) near Valero carpark. Parking was almost full so I was able to find 1 last slot near my office in Lepanto.

It was already 5:30 when I decided to go home and while I was warming up the engine, the security guards on an adjacent building asked if I were the owner of the Vios and of course I said yes. It was then that they told me that at around 5 PM, 2 decent looking people, a man and woman, pretended to be the owner of my car. They noticed the 2 going checking around the car and since they didn't see me parked the car in the morning, they simply shrugged it off thinking they were the owners of the car. The woman even texted with her forearm rested on the car roof while the man was apparently trying to open the door with a key. The guards said that maybe it was at this point that the two noticed the presence of the guards on an adjacent building so when they can not open the door, they simply walked away.

When the guards told me about it, I felt shivers tingling down my spine . . . I mean the very thought of losing my car was very real, even in what I perceive to be very safe place (Makati Business District) . . . Made me think that had I stayed longer like till 7 PM, those would be carnappers might have come back to forcibly take my car under the cover of darkness since there are not too many people around since it was a weekend! I guess it would have helped if I installed my steering wheel lock as a detriment . . . which I promised to start doing so everytime I park my car . .

So peeps, please be extra careful whenever you park your car . . . there is no such thing as a safe place .

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    daming ganyan nga dito sa makati specially on saturdays. kaya ingat na lang nga din kayo.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wala bang pay parking kapag weekends?

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    My friend's vehicle was robbed on that same place about 2 months ago. He also parked his Toyota Lite Ace on the side street that afternoon. He was not gone for about 20 minutes, when he came back his backside window glass was smashed open and his computer bag with his laptop in it which he left on the floor at the back was already missing.

Tip here also: Never leave any valuable items in plain view inside your vehicle. And consider tinted windows or any window covers if you will be gone for a long time away from your vehicle.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    I use a carnap deterrent device... the old reliable car steering wheel clamp lock.... the logic there is that they have to exert effort pa in dismantling the lock.

Yeah I agree never to leave anything valuable inside your vehicle... it runs the risk of windshield smashing and theft.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup, steering wheel lock. they would not bother bringing a bolt cutter with them so pag may nakitang steering wheel lock di na papansinin car mo.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I work near that place and it is indeed deserted on weekends. (and dark at night)... even the open pay parkings still fall prey to theft. Luckily we have parking at our office (albeit, limited only) so i really make it a point to get to work early to get a slot.

I also use a steering lock... it's easy to cut if the thieves have a cutter (they usually attack at the steering wheel itself rather than the lock) but heck it's still a deterrent.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    wala na talagang safe na lugar sa panahon ngaon.. kahit makati eh...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    creepy.

Get a good steering wheel lock.

Yung isang lock ko na mumurahin took only less 2 min. than na lagariin.

I promise not buy cheap locks again.

Kaya ko nilagari nasira yung susian hindi na matangal sa manibela
    Last edited by MAXBUWAYA; June 20th, 2005 at 02:50 PM. Reason: wrong grammar and right conduct

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Good thing the guards were alerted. Kung sa sidewalk ka lang nag-park (lalo na pag weekends dahil wala nang bayad), wala na yan.

Next time, park near the guard's post. It helps. And bring your parking tickets ALWAYS with you.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Attempted Car Theft