New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post

Baka yung TS ang nakatulog while posting...
    :rofl: :lolabove:

Quote Originally Posted by daimengrui View Post
    FYI ABS-CBN news reports claim that witnesses in the area concluded that apparently the victims were sleeping because there were no heard shouts just before the collision. This is also the theory of the local police when the report was aired in TV Patrol last week.

So there's no apparent crap in the thread title but a high probable cause. The only crap I can think of is your comment. Anyway another angle is the vehicle was too old and unmaintained as it didn't have a clear grip of the road.

But I must say, you must be a lousy driver to run off the opposite lane without realizing it. Only a sleepy fellow would have done that. And another thing he was speeding on a low visibility rainy condition. Now if that's not reckless to you I don't know what is.
    how can the "witnesses" hear the shouts of the victims before the impact?

the Koreans came here for holidays and just came from Baguiao and spend a night on a resort in Pangasinan, me thinks that they were drinking...
    Last edited by shadow; September 1st, 2008 at 09:31 AM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I was merely basing my opinion on what was originally posted. FYI, not all posters have seen that ABS -CBN report, including me, hence my post. Only a craphead (like you, apparently) would post an article and mention a root cause which was not even mentioned or implied in the original story, create a thread title, and deduce others might have seen related news stories about it, and make the corresponding connection.

Better if you had included that report in your original report, and then mouth off your opinion. Because in the absence of the official report after due investigation, everything is mere speculation.

Your thread title is too conclusive. Parang sinisi mo na agad yung driver ng van, eh hindi pa nga natatapos yung imbestigasyon.

Read your original post, and your thread title. Tingnan mo nga if it makes sense!!! Jeez, what crap! And FYI, you can't modify a thread title, since hindi ka naman moderator.
    Last edited by Galactus; September 1st, 2008 at 10:12 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Possibly. I do not know about the drinking part * Shadow, the bodies were immediately transported to Korea and I do not think our local investigators were allowed to conduct an autopsy. This is another theory that may get some ire perhaps. One thing's for sure, everybody needs to be careful especially when driving on foreign soil/unfamiliar terrain and risky conditions such as low visibility/wet roads.

What drives me nuts is the Korean news that has been reporting that the road infrastructure in the Philippines was so poor and they're blaming it for the accident. They overlooked the fact that it was raining hard and perhaps the driver was not in his right state of mind by deciding to speed on that situation without thinking the tire's ability to get a lock on the road.

I certainly do not think the driver intentionally sped to their deaths. It was a miscalculation. Now whether it was caused by poor rest and fatigue or influence of liquor we may never know.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    I was merely basing my opinion on what was originally posted. FYI, not all posters have seen that ABS -CBN report, including me, hence my post. Only a craphead would post an article and mention a root cause which was not even mentioned or implied in the original story, create a thread title, and deduce others might have seen related news stories about it, and make the corresponding connection.

Better if you had included that report in your original report, and then mouth off your opinion. Because in the absence of the official report after due investigation, everything is mere speculation.

Your thread title is too conclusive. Parang sinisi mo na agad yung driver ng van, eh hindi pa nga natatapos yung imbestigasyon.
    Mr. Galactus with all due respect it is not me who is sounding like a craphead but yourself.

Tignan mo ang sitwasyon ha. You are driving in a low visibility rainy road condition. You are in an unfamiliar foreign terrain. You are driving a VAN with 9 other passengers. and take note it is an OLD model van. You are SPEEDING and went off the other lane as were reported... What kind of driver in his right mind will be so erratic to do that?

Possible reason would be
    A) Gusto na nya mamatay at isama ung 9 nyang kababayan
    B) Lango sya sa alak
    C) He was fatigued and was sleepy and thus was not able to make the correct decisions in driving.

I used the kindest possible cause with respect to the driver's error, now how could I have been a craphead when I was just stating my opinion over a news article AND the TV coverage that I have seen? Even if the title is unrelated to the news report I qouted, I am entitled to say or conjure my theory on the incident just like any bystander would do hearing road mishaps.

And pardon me if your making a big fuss about the thread title, it supposed to have a "?" at the end kaya lang hindi ko na ma edit. OA ka mag react.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    daimengrui, the thread title is still wrong since its merely based on speculation and not on definite results of an investigation.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Mainit dito ah.........

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    ehehe, kelangan na ata ng beer and chips.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    and burger..... tama yun beer, chips and burger!

SHARING IS CARING.....

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Masyado kasi mataas ng ihi nung TS, mukhang overtraumatized pa din dun sa experience niya sa Metrobank

Jeez, just admit you're wrong and be careful what you post!

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    eh ba't kasi nabangga yung van eh??? palagay ko lasing yung van.... or tulog yun van.....

ehehehe but i think kung hindi kaskasero yung driver at na miscalculate ang winding road while raining hard pwede ring biglang nagkaroon ng mechanical trouble at the wrong place at the wrong time i.e break, steering, tire problem etc. na in fairness di naman kasalanan ng namatay ring driver

basta ang sigurado eh matulin yan dahil walang binuhay sa lakas ng salpok

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Another sleeping while driving incident