New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Na pit bump yung coaster kaya nag 90 degree diagonal sa barrier. I dont think those barrier are design for that. They are design for low angle side bump.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Is it true that this accident happened exactly at the same area wherein Don Mariano bus fell off? Kung totoo man, nakakakilabot!

Sent from whatever device I got my hands on via Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeybone1k View Post
    Is it true that this accident happened exactly at the same area wherein Don Mariano bus fell off? Kung totoo man, nakakakilabot!

If this is indeed true, then it is apparently a coincidence.

But you cannot avoid that some believers will claim this as some sort of misfortune brought by some paranormal being.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeybone1k View Post

Different areas, this was near Sun Valley before Bicutan exit, the Don Mariano accident was another 3 kms south.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Mukhang bata pa yung driver ng black fort...

SUV in Skyway accident overloaded: police | ABS-CBN News

6. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Coaster ng Skyway pala ang nahulog

How ironic

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoy View Post
    just want to comment, parang OT cguro to.. but i just get annoyed when a mini bus is called a coaster...why cant it just be called a mini bus.. a coaster is a mini bus made by toyota, a mini bus Rosa is mini bus made by Mitsubishi, a county mini gus is made by hyundai. a civilian is a mini bus made by nissan. a combi mini bus is made by Kia. anyways just ranting. heheh.. but i think the MINI BUS that fell off the skyway, is a hyundai county.
    That's the power of marketing and brand recall, and Toyota is second to none in the Philippines when it comes to brand recall.

Just as people say Xerox instead of photocopy, or Pampers instead of diapers, people also say FX instead of AUV and Coaster instead of minibus.

I suggest you just let it go, or you'll end up crazy. Baka sa susunod ikaw na tumalon sa Skyway niyan 😁

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

8. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    IMO mahina and not properly designed ang railings na ginamit dyan.. it should be higher and sturdier...

sa dami dami ng nalaglag dyan... kitang kita naman na parang walang tibay yan railings na yan...

its not serving it purpose...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by e2romo View Post
    Nabibili media sa atin, ganyan din sa mga malls. Maraming hindi nababalita dahil nag suhol. Tulad noong Ondoy, may mga nalunod sa loob ng mall pero hindi nila ibinalita. Ganyan rin doon sa aksidente sa batang nahulog sa escalator, hindi binabanggit sa TV yung pangalan ng mall.

Sent from the Twilight Zone...

Ganyan nga. May department talag ang mall at mga buildings na ang trabaho ay ayusin ang mga ganyang problem. SO malamang ang family ni fortuner e ganun din ginawa, pinagana nga pera para sa privacy nila.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO, both events had the bus crashing perpendicular to the railing. I don't think those railings were designed to catch that. I would think a heavy wall would be solution to this but unfortunately that is just too cumbersome and expensive to set up.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast