New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    I admit I was scrutinizing your post, looking for something I can disagree with, and aside from post number 2, I would have to agree with them.

I've posted a thread regarding the purpose of flashing one's headlights and how it's misused here in our country; but the posters couldn't agree on its purpose either.

My father used to say, "Iho, hindi mo mapipilit ang iba na magbago para sa yo. Ikaw ang kailangang mag-adjust para sa kanila."

Translated: You can't force other people to change for you. You have to adjust to them.

As they say, When in Rome... or in this case, Only in the Philippines!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Question Andy, what makes you stay here? What's stopping you from leaving? Do you like it here or you're just enduring everything?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by andyinmanila View Post
    Why does flashing your lights give you the right of way to cross a flow of traffic?
    thats the norm HERE in the philipines, learn to adopt.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    I have worked in Makati for 3 years, I have been married to the same filipina for 26 years Paranaque is my home.

they are just my observations and things that annoy me....I

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    hayay! gusto ko maging chief ng lto wala akong gagawin kung hindi linisin ang mga bus at jeep na yan!

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Filipinos earn little income and they think of their everyday needs more than anything else. Once they achieve your level of income, they will act the same as you want them to be.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin3000 View Post
    hayay! gusto ko maging chief ng lto wala akong gagawin kung hindi linisin ang mga bus at jeep na yan!
    di mo kailangan maging chief ng lto para gawin yan, tayo ka lang ng car wash. :twak:

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    One time when my wife was just a resident at OsMak, the taxi driver she was riding with kept complaining why only rich people had the privilege to go through an e-pass lane while they were stuck in traffic going to C5 from the South Express Way. He was also complaining that they never got to improve their lives because they were just earning very little, netting around P500 per day, after deducting their gasoline expenses and boundary they had to pay. Being wise, my wife just nodded.

We were just residents then and earning around P12,000-P16,000 per month each. Yes, resident doctors then earned just 12k per month during their first year and 16k during their third year residency, and that's in government hospitals-- private hospitals pay them much, much less. A nurse earns 6k per month as starting salary.

Anyways, if you compute what we earn, P12,000/month (and we had to go to work 7 days a week, 24 hours every 3 days), we were earning just P400 per day. He was earning more than my wife was!!!

We concluded that if they were just more prudent with their spending and had less children, they can improve their lives if they really wanted to.

Society didn't make them poor, they did that themselves when they decided to discontinue their education, marry early, and have lots of children.

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    di mo kailangan maging chief ng lto para gawin yan, tayo ka lang ng car wash. :twak:
    Hay... tapos kaka-start pa lang ng program mo sa paglinis ng kalsada, makakatanggap ka na ng death threats not just on your life, but on the lives your children din.

When you call the police, "Ser-- tanggalin nyo na lang kasi yang mga project nyo, para everybody happy!"

Did you notice the never-ending traffic in bicutan? The jeepney drivers who keep loading and unloading passengers in that interchange are the main cause, everyone knows that but no one seems to be able to control them. Traffic signs saying "NO U-TURN, NO LOADING/UNLOADING" keep disappearing a few weeks after they're posted.

A traffic enforcer tried maintaining discipline a few years ago and it got him a knife in the back!

The Philippines is spiraling downwards at an exponential rate.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by orlee_v View Post
    Filipinos earn little income and they think of their everyday needs more than anything else. Once they achieve your level of income, they will act the same as you want them to be.
    That my friend is the biggest load of Rubbish I have heard in years.

To improve the situation on the roads it dont matter if you earn 5000 a month or 500000.

What is needed is courtesy and manners to other road users, to forget the me first attitude.

Why is it that a driver earning 10-12 K per month who drives a car worth 1-2 million still drives like an idiot? ITS CALLED EDUCATION

ROAD EDUCATION is what is lacking, In the first world countries it takes best part of a year to earn a licence and a rigid driving and theory and hazard perception test must be passed.

It dont matter one bit how much you earn, SO you keep your " I dont earn as much as you so therefore I can drive like an idiot" attitude. You and others like yourself will never be able to better themselves without one thing and that is RESPECT for the other road users,

RESPECT AND MANNERS (ETIQUETTE) are free and dont cost 1 peso, so grow up, there is always going to be someone who earns more than you.:****:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Ambulances on SOuth Super Highway