New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    It's going to be a bitter pill to swallow for my fellow Filipinos but I agree on what Andy's ranting about...

To those who have been out of the country and have driven vehicles out of the Philippines, why do you follow the traffic laws of your host country?? If you can follow the traffic laws there, why not here?????????

Let me add on what Andy's trying to drive at here... Not only do we need driving education we also need to have the political will to have our local driving laws implemented...

That will need an iron fist and a whole lot of money... So here we go again with the "poverty" issue...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    You dont need to go to other countries just go to Subic and see how drivers behave on the roads. Political will to implement the laws is what is needed really.

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    It's always been my theory that our road etiquette deteriorated because of jeepney drivers.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by andyinmanila View Post
    That my friend is the biggest load of Rubbish I have heard in years.
    i have to agree with andy on this...

take ssh cor zobel (vito cruz) for example... there is a no left turn sign but i almost never (once or twice lang siguro) saw a green light without a car waiting to make a left... if you will notice most of these 'drivers' are not family drivers but owners themselves... if they can afford a car, i could say that they can afford an education, most of them anyway... pero they still can't follow a simple rule...

i dont think social status is a question here... you might be rich, but if you cant follow the simple rules you have a problem with your attitude...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jovill View Post
    You dont need to go to other countries just go to Subic and see how drivers behave on the roads. Political will to implement the laws is what is needed really.
    Yea, ako nga muntik na mabangga ng bus dun swerte hindi inabutan ung bumper

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by orlee_v View Post
    Filipinos earn little income and they think of their everyday needs more than anything else. Once they achieve your level of income, they will act the same as you want them to be.
    Poverty should NEVER be an excuse to act like an asshole.

Example... some trike/motorcycle/bike/car/taxi/jeep etc hits you and can't pay for the damages... If you stand your ground and demand payment they would then hit you with the famous "you-are-a-rich-person-taking-advantage-of-us-poor-people" speech

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by norrissee View Post

You should read this:

[SIZE="3"]Tyranny of the Weak[/SIZE]
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39645

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by norrissee View Post

Example... some trike/motorcycle/bike/car/taxi/jeep etc hits you and can't pay for the damages... If you stand your ground and demand payment they would then hit you with the famous "you-are-a-rich-person-taking-advantage-of-us-poor-people" speech
    Squatter Power

9. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by andyinmanila View Post
    As an English guy who has lived here for 3 years I have noticed a few things (none good) about Filipino roads and Driving.

Here is my list maybe some of you guys might like to respond

1. Everyday on the South super highway at about 7 am at least 2 ambulances try and go to Manila, I have been told by staff at work that there are probably no patients but some mayor or minor politician abusing power and using an ambulance, TRUE/FALSE,
    2. Why do some idiot drivers try and drive 1 meter behind the ambulance? how stupid is that, and don't tell me they are relatives.
    3. Flashing lights, every other country in the world flashing lights is a warning NOT get out of the way im coming through, in fact in Europe a flash on the headlights is a courtesy to say " you can go first"
    4. why do people insist on putting police horns and red and blues on their cars, they just look and sound stupid, I do not move for them.
    5. Why dont Filipinos like giving way? changing lanes is near impossible, normal driving is Mirror, Signal, Maneuver (NOTE SIGNAL). Filipino drivers seem to be stuck with a me first attitude.
    6. Drivers in the centre lane travelling at 20-30 kph with hazard lights flashing...GET OFF THE ROAD...
    7. If you have a flat tire, move to the side Dont change the wheel taking up 2 lanes and inconveinenting maybe 30 thousand people.
    8. Jeeps are driven by idiots with no consideration for others, and put some lights on or get off the road
    9. Taxis are driven by even bigger idiots
    10. MMDA or other traffic enforcers like stopping us foreigners, They get no money from me as I went out of my way to know what they can and cannot legally ask when you are stopped. I was stopped the other day for swerving and I was actually changing lanes using my signal indicators
    11. I was also stopped for jumping an orange light, I asked him why were the 2 cars behind me not stopped he had no answer, I asked him what orange means...he said stop, it actually means prepare to stop..
    12. What the Philippines needs is Driver testing, ie take a test before you can drive on the road
    13. It also needs proper policing on the roads
    14. It needs to be rid of some of the dilapidated vehicles on the roads
    15. I know Jeeps are the main means of transport but transport technology has moved on in the last 50 years so should jeeps, ie no smoke belching
    16. I forgot buses are driven by bigger idiots than taxis and jeeps, they think they are in sports cars. THats it RANT over
    As I would always say, Manila is organized chaos! It just gets better and better...

Welcome to the Philippines andyinmanila!

10. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    You should read this:

[SIZE="3"]Tyranny of the Weak[/SIZE]
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39645
    haha I remember reading that a few years ago. A great write up. I was wondering where I read that before. Thanks for pointing me back to that article

But yeah, more often than not, I come across people with the same attitude of "wala-kasi-kaming-pera-kaya-dapat-wala-kaming-responsibility".

If you ride bikes you'll find out that some taxi drivers are worse than bikes... they bump you from behind trying to force you to filter ahead of the traffic... and I don't really like filtering so much... too many sidemirrors that MIGHT get hit... ang mahal pa hehe So yeah, good thing he just bumped the rear tire of my bike, looked back at the taxi driver and he was waving his hands telling me to go through a small space where other underbone drivers are filtering through. (bumper to bumper traffic) "eh, anong paki.alam nya pag hindi ako gusto mag filter?!?" WTF talaga!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Ambulances on SOuth Super Highway