New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    napanood ko kanina yung congressional inquiry..

di nila matinag yung prosecutor kanina wherein he has valid points sa resolution nya. i believe so it's a pure technicality with regards to evidence presented kaya nadismiss. syempre kahit ba naman ako yung prosecutor, bakit ko kailangang ipursue yung case kung hindi solid yung ebidensya.

besides, the prosecutor extended the presentation of evidence and affidavits for more than 15 days gaya nung lab results na isinubmit sa kanya ay mali yung date kasi yung nakadate sa lab results eh 2 days earlier sa buy bust operation wherein again it's a technicality pero he still waited for PDEA men to provide it even at a later date but still PDEA didn't comply.

at tsaka mukha ngang natagalan magpresent ng evidence at affidavits ang PDEA kasi it took the prosecutor more than two months to release a resolution on the preliminary investigation na dapat eh 15 days lang.

Dapat sisihin ang legal advisors ng PDEA kasi mismo sila eh di solido, wala din palang naging coordination sa alabang police na may operation ang PDEA sa area.

kung high sa marijuana yung mga suspects, naturally hyperactive and very alert sila kasi uppers ang marijuana di ba? maniniwala ba kayo na di man lang binilang yung 100 thousand na ibinayad na "budul money" na ang laman lang eh 500 at 100 pesos lang at puro dyaryo na lang na ginupit daw yung iba?

I also couldn't believe the lab results that only traces of marijuana came positive, putsa kala ko ba bigatin? me cocaine and ecstasy na nahuli pero only traces of marijuana were found on the lab results???

For sure, kahit pa automatic review ni Gonzalez yung case makakalusot at makakalusot pa din yung mga alabang bioys due to multiple technicalities na prinesenta ng PDEA.

sadly enough, due to somebody's negligence eh nakalsusot ang malaking isda.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    In short, engot nag PDEA..........

Sayang may "balls" panaman silang i-pursue ang kaso.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
    kung high sa marijuana yung mga suspects, naturally hyperactive and very alert sila kasi uppers ang marijuana di ba?
    Pagkaalam ko, downers ang MJ kasi parang sedative yun eh. Cocaine ang uppers.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mguy View Post
    Pagkaalam ko, downers ang MJ kasi parang sedative yun eh. Cocaine ang uppers.

1.The major biologically active chemical compound in cannabis is Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol), commonly referred to as THC. THC has psychoactive component.

2. Effects of cannabis#Psychoactive effects While many drugs clearly fall into the category of either stimulant, depressant, hallucinogen, or antipsychotic, cannabis, containing both THC and CBD, exhibits a mix of all properties, leaning towards hallucinogen properties due to THC being the primary constituent.[17][18][19]

(lifted from:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_(drug))

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Ang pagkaka-alam ko, ang mga nag-e-MJ,- nagpu-foodtrip.....

7303:soda:

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni View Post
    Yes, he WAS a Marine Officer and no longer active. I think he's of the officers who were involved in a coup but have been honorably discharged from the service. To give these officers another chance to prove their worth, they were absorbed by PDEA last year.

I believe they've given and undergone the necessary schooling and training for this specialized field before being deployed into action.

:beer: [SIZE="1"]4033[/SIZE]
    Major Marcelino is STILL with the Philippine Marines, on loan lang talaga siya to PDEA. Uso naman yung ganito sa mga law-enforcement agencies where the head is a former military man. He wasn't part of the Magdalo rebels who were dismissed and eventually absorbed by the agency. In fact, sa hearing kahapon, he was wearing his Marine uniform. There is an interesting piece about him sa Inquirer:

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/inquire...scarred-Marine

IN THE EYE OF THE STORM
    PDEA’s Marcelino a battle-scarred Marine

By Arlyn dela Cruz
    Philippine Daily Inquirer
    First Posted 03:25:00 01/07/2009

Filed Under: PDEA-DOJ bribery issue, People, Civil & Public Services, Military

MANILA, Philippines—Before joining the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA), Maj. Ferdinand Marcelino saw action in strife-torn areas in Muslim Mindanao as a Marine officer.

Marcelino is the PDEA officer who spoke of three alleged attempts to bribe him and his men in exchange for the release of the so-called “Alabang Boys.” Marcelino said he said no and stood his ground.

Mindanao was one posting Marcelino would never forget, citing his work on intelligence during the Dos Palmas kidnapping saga in 2001 as his most difficult assignment, one that kept him away from his family for a long time.

The Dos Palmas incident involved the kidnapping of 20 people, including three Americans, from a tourist resort on Palawan Island. The incident drew world headlines.

“Once, on Sept. 30, 2001, we had an encounter in Sumisip and we were almost wiped out,” Marcelino said in Filipino. “For a whole day and night, no reinforcements came.”

“That was also the time when my youngest child, Amir, was born. It was also during that period that our electricity and water supplies were cut off at PMA (Philippine Military Academy) where my family lived.”

He said he had wanted to go back home to his family but his work as part of a major intelligence operation to get Abu Sayyaf commander Aldam Tilao, also known as Abu Sabaya, made him stay in Mindanao. Sabaya was later killed in an encounter with government forces.

“I was in the frontline of the intelligence operation then. The letters of Abu Sabaya were passing through me,” Marcelino said.

Magdalo episode

Marcelino said there were attempts by other officers, mostly from the Marines, to recruit him to join the core group of Magdalo officers, who eventually launched a mutiny against the Arroyo administration in 2003.

“They kept talking to me during meetings about our torn combat boots and uniform and about corruption in the military,” he said.

“I told them we were all similarly getting assigned to remote places in the Philippines where we had no slippers, no clothes or even food to eat. I said the people did not send us to the PMA so that we would have nice combats or clothes or a nice life. We are trained to endure all kinds of hardships,” Marcelino said, explaining his decision not to join the Magdalo Group.

Hardship is nothing new to Marcelino. He said he actually lived in poverty and had to support himself to get an education.

A tabloid reporter

As a working student, Marcelino said he did odd jobs, anything that would help him survive the day, and this included a stint as a construction worker in the summer of 1988.

He had planned to enroll at Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila, thinking it was the only school he could afford. But when it was time to enroll, he found out he needed to pay P180 and he did not even have half of that amount in his pocket.

But lady luck smiled on him.

While working at the construction site in Recto, he said he saw a poster of the DAWN, the college publication of University of the East. “If you are able to make it to the paper, tuition is free, and you even get an honorarium.”

He knew he could write and applied and was taken in as a staff member. While studying at University of the East and working on the college paper, Marcelino said he found a sideline—as a police beat reporter for the then afternoon tabloid, Headline Manila.

PMA beckons

That eventually led him to the doors of PMA.

Marcelino said that as a police reporter, he was supposed to interview the PMA commandant “when somebody handed me an application ... I was financially hard up so I applied to be a PMA cadet.”

He became part of PMA Class 1994.

Now, Marcelino is on the spotlight with his revelations about the “Alabang Boys” Richard Brodett, Jorge Joseph and Joseph Tecson.

Incorruptible

PDEA Director General Dionisio Santiago described Marcelino as incorruptible. When he assumed the agency’s top post, he convinced Marcelino to join him. His reason: “He (Marcelino) can be trusted, he will do good.”

Before becoming a special unit head at the PDEA, Marcelino, along with a fellow military officer, Maj. Valentino Lopez, was asked by Santiago to help him solve the case of the missing 7 kilos of shabu (methamphetamine hydrochloride) at the evidence storage area of the PDEA.

The case was solved and the masterminds were identified—two police colonels and a police major.

With the cracking of the case and their discovery of a clandestine shabu laboratory operated by Chinese nationals in Calumpit, Bulacan, Santiago asked Marcelino and Lopez to help cleanse the PDEA and prove that an agency of government could serve the people well.

“I can vividly recall what the DG (director general) said. ‘If you are not going to help me here at PDEA, who else can help me whom I can trust’?”

Challenge accepted

Marcelino said he was about to go schooling abroad when Santiago’s offer came. He said the challenge of doing something more for the country through the PDEA appealed to him.

Marcelino said he was ready to defend in any investigation the operation that led to the arrest of the Alabang Boys.

On Tuesday, before the House committee on dangerous drugs, he did just that.
    Originally Posted by Altis6453
    Not to diss Maj. Marcelino. But military men are poorly equipped as law-enforcers and evidence gatherers.
    Gaya ng nasabi ni j_avonni, intelligence officers in the military receive extensive training in their field. Actually, most of them remain in the intelligence branch all their life. Pero agree ako dun sa law-enforcement part. Di talaga nila linya yun, kaya wag dapat ipilit.
    Last edited by Galactus; January 7th, 2009 at 11:43 AM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    yes, Sir CVT.

andami pa din po pwede nila maging trip...kasi psychoactive siya..

pwede rin parang lumilipad, music (heavy metals)...medyo scary pag ma bad trip, pumapatay.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Wag sana mauwi sa sayang ang kaso, gaya nga ng sabi ni Dir Santiago, ilang kapitbahay ng mga suspects mismo ang nag tip sa PDEA na mismong mga anak nila ay ginawang adik ng mga yan.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
    napanood ko kanina yung congressional inquiry..

di nila matinag yung prosecutor kanina wherein he has valid points sa resolution nya. i believe so it's a pure technicality with regards to evidence presented kaya nadismiss. syempre kahit ba naman ako yung prosecutor, bakit ko kailangang ipursue yung case kung hindi solid yung ebidensya.
    plus the fact that the prosecutor has a wide discretion to determine which case shall be filed...

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    Major Marcelino is STILL with the Philippine Marines, on loan lang talaga siya to PDEA. Uso naman yung ganito sa mga law-enforcement agencies where the head is a former military man. He wasn't part of the Magdalo rebels who were dismissed and eventually absorbed by the agency. In fact, sa hearing kahapon, he was wearing his Marine uniform. There is an interesting piece about him sa Inquirer:
    I stand corrected. Thanks for the info.

[SIZE="1"]4038[/SIZE]

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Alabang Boys vs PDEA