New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hi All!

On the 29th of January, at about 6:30 PM to about 7:00 PM, I was in a rush to get to an appointment in Makati.

When I reached the MMDA fences after Estrella, traffic was held up by a lone cab stopped in the middle of the road picking up a guy. As soon as the guy gets in, the cab goes on and so does traffic.

For some unknown reason, the cab stops yet again but this time at the side of the road near the MMDA urinal just before the turn off into Ayala.

I eventually caught up with him and passed him since he was apparently dropping off the guy he just picked up.

Since he was stopped, I went around him and slightly ahead of him since I wasn't able to fully merge (about 74% to 80% completely merged) into the lane due to stopped traffic.

This dimwit tries to squeeze his cab into the remaining space.

When the lane moves, I start to move and the nimrod tries to really squeeze in causing his side mirror to make contact with my siderails causing it to sag on it's assembly.

The driver gets down and has the gall to bang on my rig and point out the damage to me.

Since I was in a hurry, I gave him my contact number and got his and no longer went for a Police report since that will severely screw up my schedule and finances.

Later I get a call from this jerk and he says that he was not allowed to go out anymore due to the side mirror damage and asked to have it replaced. Furthermore, he said that he is not able to work until he pays for the damage.

I offered to help canvas for the cheapest price at a few dealerships I know to reduce his expenses since I'm sure the company is gonna ask him to pay for it.

He agrees and few days passes since we all have lives to live.

A few days later, he calls back and says that the company had it fixed already and charged him a whooping P6,500- for the side mirror. He was asking me to pay for it! I said that I won't and he asked me to at least pay half the expenses. I kinda felt sorry for the schmuck since he wasn't really arrogant or anything to deal with and agreed to help out.

I said that I would wait for the estimates from my contacts which a few days later came out to about P4,120 or so.

Hmm... Something fishy going on.

I call the cab company and get passed around since apparently, most of the cabs you see roaming the streets are all housed and run in the same building!

They know nothing about the claims of the driver and says that the driver is out driving! WTF!

So I try to find out how much the actual repairs cost and no one could help me out. Not even some fiscal character who is supposed to know all about it.

I send him an SMS saying that he lied and that I'm on to his scheme and will only shell out the P2,100-

I already, with the help of a colleague, drafted a letter of receipt clearing me of any other responsibilities after he receives the payment.

I also told him to bing a photocopy of his driver's license and OR to attach to the document after he signs it.

Haven't heard from him up to now.

He was always calling me after I told him I was on to him but it was a busy week for me and the last thing I need was to hear him whine.

Do you guys think I should still pursue this or wait until he calls again?

As my friends keep telling me, I don't owe this guy anything....

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    You are way too nice! You don't owe the guy a cent since HE was the the one who squeezed his car into the space. He's lucky you didn't get mad at him 'coz I assume that your car also sustained scratches.

That cab driver has caused you enough trouble so let him make the effort.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Tell him that from now on to talk to your lawyer.
    And also say hindi ako nakikipagusap sa manloloko.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    screw the driver!!!:moon:

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I hope you don't really get a lawyer to settle with a low life like that :D

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    are you ok pare? ganyan ka ba talaga kabait? pare gising!!! ano ka ba? kailangan pa bang humingi ng advices from us? kahit cnong tanungin mo dito kung sa amin nangyari yung nangyari sa yo eh bugbug sarado yang mokong na taxi driver na yan!!! i dont care if im in a hurry or in a serious meeting, basta't inagrabyado ako, aagrabyaduhin ko rin sila!!!

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    He's extorting money from you and abusing your act of kindness. Wait until he calls again and tell him you reported him to the police already and they're already pursuing it. If he does not back off at that point post his information here and his contact info too if that's possible, so others can "react" accordingly...you know what I mean

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    its always the same "dahilan" ng mga taxi drivers, they're just trying to pull a fast one on you. If your statement is accurate sa 1st post mo, then its the taxi drivers' fault and you should be the one compensated for what happened to your car.

But if you're really nice, just give him the 2.1k and make him sign a quit claim

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    i wouldnt say that what you did was wrong...i would rather say that what you did was rather...naive.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    kung sakin nangyari, sa daan pa lang wala na sya ma-claim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advice needed with regards to a nitwit cab driver