New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Thanks for the wake up call guys.

Must be the lack of sleep or something.

He's been dealt with and all is right in the world. He won't be bugging me again.

If ever I'm the same situation in the future, I'll rip the driver a new one so the driver will match the car

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Do you smell what the cabbie is cookin'?

Can't blame you since you seem like a very busy person so if Php2k don't seem much to you, pay him for the damages. That gives +1 pogi point

Lawyers cost more than Php2k plus the time wasted. But, if you have time to teach this guy a lesson, don't pay him, make him call you several times a day and if he persists that you should pay for the damages, bring a pseudo-lawyer, preferably yung malakas ang boses. And bring someone you know from PNP to check the situation.

Sorry, my evil split personality has taken over for a sec there.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Since he's the one who squeezed, you don't owe him anything.

But whenever you pay for something like that, always have a quit claim and release waiver (this invalidates any and all claims the other party would make in connection with the incident / situation). You don't need to have it notarized (but you can). Just have it signed with proper identification papers.

4. FrankDrebin Guest
    It's an old extortion gimmick. These kind of people prey on individuals that are good-hearted but the same time innocent and ignorant of the city-way of life.

Ignore his calls and messages then he will not bother you anymore.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Like the other guy said, masyado kang mabait. I don't think it was your fault based on your story. Kung ako di ko na sinagot yun text o tawag, malamang namura ko pa sya nung nangyari yun.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    yup that's the attitude. ipaglaban mo alias mo Hardcharger !!!

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    pag nanakot takutin mo din magsasawa rin sa katatawag at katetext mokong na yun

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    madami talagang manloloko sa mundo. Wag mo bigyan yung mokong na yun, masasanay siyang gumawa ng kalokohan

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by HardCharger View Post
    Hi All!

On the 29th of January, at about 6:30 PM to about 7:00 PM, I was in a rush to get to an appointment in Makati.

When I reached the MMDA fences after Estrella, traffic was held up by a lone cab stopped in the middle of the road picking up a guy. As soon as the guy gets in, the cab goes on and so does traffic.

For some unknown reason, the cab stops yet again but this time at the side of the road near the MMDA urinal just before the turn off into Ayala.

I eventually caught up with him and passed him since he was apparently dropping off the guy he just picked up.

Since he was stopped, I went around him and slightly ahead of him since I wasn't able to fully merge (about 74% to 80% completely merged) into the lane due to stopped traffic.

This dimwit tries to squeeze his cab into the remaining space.

When the lane moves, I start to move and the nimrod tries to really squeeze in causing his side mirror to make contact with my siderails causing it to sag on it's assembly.

The driver gets down and has the gall to bang on my rig and point out the damage to me.

Since I was in a hurry, I gave him my contact number and got his and no longer went for a Police report since that will severely screw up my schedule and finances.

Later I get a call from this jerk and he says that he was not allowed to go out anymore due to the side mirror damage and asked to have it replaced. Furthermore, he said that he is not able to work until he pays for the damage.

I offered to help canvas for the cheapest price at a few dealerships I know to reduce his expenses since I'm sure the company is gonna ask him to pay for it.

He agrees and few days passes since we all have lives to live.

A few days later, he calls back and says that the company had it fixed already and charged him a whooping P6,500- for the side mirror. He was asking me to pay for it! I said that I won't and he asked me to at least pay half the expenses. I kinda felt sorry for the schmuck since he wasn't really arrogant or anything to deal with and agreed to help out.

I said that I would wait for the estimates from my contacts which a few days later came out to about P4,120 or so.

Hmm... Something fishy going on.

I call the cab company and get passed around since apparently, most of the cabs you see roaming the streets are all housed and run in the same building!

They know nothing about the claims of the driver and says that the driver is out driving! WTF!

So I try to find out how much the actual repairs cost and no one could help me out. Not even some fiscal character who is supposed to know all about it.

I send him an SMS saying that he lied and that I'm on to his scheme and will only shell out the P2,100-

I already, with the help of a colleague, drafted a letter of receipt clearing me of any other responsibilities after he receives the payment.

I also told him to bing a photocopy of his driver's license and OR to attach to the document after he signs it.

Haven't heard from him up to now.

He was always calling me after I told him I was on to him but it was a busy week for me and the last thing I need was to hear him whine.

Do you guys think I should still pursue this or wait until he calls again?

As my friends keep telling me, I don't owe this guy anything....
    Advice against a nitwit cab driver???

break his legs! Ayan hindi na siya makakasingit pa hehehe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Advice needed with regards to a nitwit cab driver