New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    is there a way to verify if the person youre talking to is really a lawyer? can you ask for his PRC number and check it online? baka matakot pag tinanong mo.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Sabihin mo namatay na (of course, that was a joke).
    Last edited by mbeige; April 24th, 2007 at 02:30 PM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Chances are, collection agency nga yan. But it could also be a law firm, but I doubt that the callers are lawyers themselves. Usually mga collectors lang yan, earning on commission basis from actual collections, kaya ganyan na lang magsalita.

The best thing really is for you to contact your cousin (through mutual relatives) and ask him to settle his loan. If checks are involved, BP 22 yan, and he's likely to be arrested.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    if you know someone from PLDT, you can get pertinent info based on the phone numbers. Let them know you know who and where they are.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I'm a lawyer and it pains me to see something like this happen, especially considering that this may not even be a bona fide law firm, just some two-bit collection agency. If it's a real law firm, your cousin would already get a formal demand letter. Lawyers generally don't use the phone to demand payment for their client - documents are a lawyer's best friend (or bane, depending on where you're coming from). If this is a collection agency, the amount of money your cousin may owe the bank may not be that much since a bank worth its salt will only refer small "bad debts" to collection agencies if filing a case to recover it is not commercially feasible (i.e. they'll spend more for the lawyer than it's worth). So, for practicality's sake, change your numbers na lang. That's the easiest, fastest way to do away with this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    is there a way to verify if the person youre talking to is really a lawyer? can you ask for his PRC number and check it online? baka matakot pag tinanong mo.
    Lawyers are not registered with the PRC since only the Supreme Court has jurisdication over lawyers and the bar. Thus, we have "roll numbers" (referring to the number in the Roll of Attorneys we signed in the Supreme Court) instead of PRC numbers.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    Yes. You can verify it at www.supremecourt.gov.ph and check the Roll of Attorneys.

But, any Tom, Dick and Harry can go and claim he's Atty. "X". It would be better for you to trace where they hold office to verify if they are a law firm.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    sumbong mo sa bitag

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    pag nagkainitan na, pasabi mo sa mother mo: "mag-ingat ka at baka may mangyari sayo sa daan" off the record.

then anticipate nyo isasagot, pag death threat back, i-record nyo kagad. yari kagad yan sa huwes

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Typical Citibank collectors

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    change numbers. ang kukulit nga ng mga yan at grabe kung makamura ng tao, kahit matanda, hindi ginagalang.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Abusive Law Office???