New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Tagal na palang nangyari ngayon lang kinwento.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Nung nabasa ko ito naalala ko yung case ni Luli Arroyo sa NAIA. Sana marami pang low profile personality ang makatapat ng ganyang kaabusadong opisyal. Para matuto naman yang mga abusadong yan.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    It's nice to know that there are still some gov't officials' kids who do no push their weight around.

As for the Colonel, buti nga sa iyo t*** i*a ka!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Nice one! I am proud of people who has the power yet never used it to abuse people!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    hehe.. cguro si colonel nag kulay utot nung nangyari yung incident..hehe.. buti nga syo...
    bilib ako sa anak ng gov. low profile lang..sya pa yung lumabas na asal matanda kesa sa mayabang na pulis..

tanong lang... wala bang body guard yung anak ng gov? dba usually yung mga ganyan may body guard na kasama for their protection

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Colonel linked to bar dispute

The children of three government officials in Cebu got entangled with the police in separate incidents.

Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Bureau (CIIB) Chief Pablo Labra II allegedly pushed Gov. Gwendolyn Garcia’s son Paulo in an uptown bar, challenged him to a fistfight and hurled verbal abuse at him Friday last week.

In the other incident, Giovanni “Juvan” Fernandez, said to be the adopted son of Talisay City Mayor Socrates Fernandez, and his companion Giovanni Caumeran, reportedly the son of Minglanilla Councilor Jimmy Caumeran, were accused of extortion yesterday morning.

Mayor Fernandez said he will ask his son about the incident and, at the same, called for an investigation.

Governor Garcia, for her part, when asked about the report, said: “Yes that is true... That’s what I was told and I think other witnesses saw also.”

She just arrived from Indonesia last Friday, after attending an Asean forum.
    The incident reportedly started with Paulo asking why a car was blocking the entrance to the Yo Latino bar in Lahug, Cebu City. He was on his way inside and the guard told him that it’s all right because the car belongs to “Col. Labra.”

Paulo then uttered, “Maayo pa diayng colonel pwede maka-park (So, colonels get to park here).” Three girls, who reportedly just stepped out of Labra’s car, went back inside the car and reportedly told the police official what they heard.

Inside the bar, Labra allegedly bumped into Paulo, who was standing near a table and said, “Sunod ba, ayaw pag-ingon nga bantog colonel, pwede maka park ha? Kay colonel ko (Next time, don’t say anything about colonels getting parking privileges. I’m a colonel).”

Labra also reportedly pushed Paulo’s chest, then pointed a finger at him, saying, “P—ng ina mo, sumbagay tas gawas.”

Paulo followed him outside, asking, “You call my mother p—a?”

Labra backed his car out of the entrance, got out of the car, went to the back area near the band and came back near the tables. This time, he was with a group of men, one of whom was later identified as Vice Control Section Chief George Ylanan.

Confronted

Labra again confronted Paulo, asking, “Unsay gusto nimong mahitabo (What do you want to happen)?”

It was at this point where Supt. Noel Gillamac, who also happened to be at the bar, approached Paulo and asked what was wrong.

Paulo relayed to Gillamac the incident. Gillamac appealed for all to settle the matter, saying it was petty.

They all sat at a table, but Labra instructed each of his men where to position themselves to surround Paulo and instructed one of them to call the Special Weapons and Tactics team, which later arrived.

After they talked to settle the issue, Paulo rose to shake Labra’s hand, but Ylanan, who was some six feet away from Labra, approached Paulo and asked, “Unsa may gusto nimo (What do you want)?”

Paulo put out his left hand to stop Ylanan, but Ylanan slapped his arm, leaving a scratch.

Stretched

This time, it was Labra who appeased Ylanan.

Sun.Star Cebu tried several times to reach Labra for comment. A text message sent to his cell phone got no reply. Later, his cell phone was apparently switched off. Ylanan also declined to comment.

In an interview with reporters yesterday, Garcia said it is precisely because she is “not just a mother, but the governor and the chairperson of the Regional Peace and Order Council” that she has “chosen to stretch” her patience “a little bit.”

“May this be a pointed reminder to those of us entrusted by the public with authority to use power judiciously and never flaunt nor abuse it for personal gain or to assuage bruised egos,” she said.

When asked of Labra, she said she does not know him. “I see him on TV, he makes good media copy. He is very charming on TV.”

“I will not make any action. I’m not an ordinary mother and Paolo is not an ordinary son. Mind you, had this happened to an ordinary citizen, you’ll see me on a war path. Bisan major pa ka, general, colonel or kinsa pa kang wakwaka,” she said.
    http://www.cebucity.gov.ph/forum/ind...ic=362.msg6879
    Last edited by Bogeyman; December 21st, 2006 at 02:50 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pasalamat c col at nde nya katulad ung anak nung gov, pag nagkataon baka pulutin sya sa kangkungan tsk tsk

DA GABA!!!!....kilalalanin niyo muna katalo niyo!!..bwehehehhe

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    dalhin sa Iraq yan, ipabala sa mga kanyon.... buseeet!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Now that's a government official I admire and respect, if just for that act of self-restraint, and not just throwing her weight around to make a point. Karma does have its day. Serves the colonel right. I wonder what happened to the vice chief.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Abusadong Pulis