New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    eh yun scam sa mga photographers alam nyo.

tatawagan daw sila kasi parang aa-wardan ata daw sa prized photo nila na naka-post sa net. di syempre proud na proud yun photographer, tatanungin kung kelan at saan ang awarding ceremony.

yun nag-text scam i-require yun photog na magdeposito daw ng 12k sa bank account to finance yun ceremony, food and organizing expenses! tawa talaga ako ng tawa dito nun marinig ko hahaha
    Last edited by oldblue; August 4th, 2006 at 03:16 AM.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Such text scams will always exist because a fool is born every minute. These are exactly like the Nigerian scams. The "hit rate" of these Nigerian scams is about 0.1% or so. But in Nigeria there are teenage boys who drive Benzes and Bimmers. They spend their whole day inside internet cafe's sending scam emails to Americans. So yes, a career can be made out of it.

People on this forum might find the text stupid, with wrong grammar, etc. But you are not the target "market" for this kind of scam. You are the 99.9% who don't get taken in. Although Nigerian scams are much more lucrative than text scams because it costs nothing (or a very small amount) to send an e-mail. But it takes 1 peso or more to send a text.

As an aside, I work for a company which does raffle off prizes, examples of which include the Jaguar c/o Nivea, the current Volvo S40 c/o M&M's, several Ford Escapes and Everests, and so on. So these companies do exist, and such prizes do exist. But as a previous poster said, DTI rules require that the winner be notified by registered mail.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    its funny i also got a text message from a certain jason ruiz c/p 0910-7815792

congratulations! the last 4 digits of ur celfone# had won a PRIZE in our PCCNS electronic draw last june 23, 2006. call me now to claim ur PRIZE im Jason Ruiz.

WTF?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
+639159659959 - 'congratulations!!!'