New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiosbravos200 View Post
    I could not agree more. Sa layo nila sa traffic light I dont think they'll be able to really distinguish if its the vehicle on the other lane which actually committed the violation. I was under the impression na naninindak lang yong enforcers. Anyways, if they did give me a ticket, I'll make sure that i'll use the ticket as evidence and file a complaint. Magkaubusan na ng oras at pera pero Ill make sure mawawalan sila ng trabaho. IMHO, the fact that they were not positioned in the intersection and were technically hiding meant they had every intention to victimize passing motorists.

Aside from admin complaint, can someone actually sue these a-holes para magtanda?
    good luck amigo... the real solution is to correct the leader and not the tiny ones below...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiosbravos200 View Post
    At around 1:40 to 2:00 pm yesterday, i was on my way to Binondo coming from Unilever Phil. I passed by UN Avenue and turned right at Romualdez St. i was so sure that the GREEN light saying its ok to turn right was on. So I did. 10-15 meters away were 2 MTB personnel in yellow uniform stopped me attempting to apprehend me. This really made me mad because i can not think of any violation I did. The first enforcer informed me I turned right while the light was already red at nag-go na raw motor sa kabilang lane. Nashock ako kasi i was dead sure the light was green when i turned. Naisip ko agad kokotongan ako ng mga kups na to. So i asked them show me their proof that i made the violation kasi kako the traffic light was infront of me and it was green kayong dalawa naman nagtatago dito sa malayo away from the view ng traffic light and you are telling me nagviolate ako ng traffic rules. Buti na lang andon wife ko at friend namin sa kotse. Both corroborated that the light was green. All of us were arguing with the enforcer. My friend was shouting kotong na to. My wife was asking for the name of the supervisor of the MTB.
    Ewan ko lang kung naintimidate namin yong enforcer kasi sa ingay na namin sa kotse and it was attracting attention sa tao. He asked the other enforcer to de al with us. Luckily the other enforcer, just let us go with a warning kuno without any ticket. Just the same ingat sa modus ng mga to.
    I was apprehended in this very exact site years before when there was still no right turn traffic lights installed. Same violation, turning right when light is red. I argued that there was no sign that says it is prohibited to turn right when light on red. the reply was "la pa sufficient funds ang Maynila to put up the sign". I said "put up the sign first before apprehension as LTO directive says so" They let me go. So, it is better to know the traffic rules and .regulations para meron ka panlaban in case you are apprehended for purposes other than the written traffic violation you incur

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hindi no right turn on red sa manila unless may sign. Tinanong ko na sa city hall dati. Kotong styles nila yan talaga.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Hindi no right turn on red sa manila unless may sign. Tinanong ko na sa city hall dati. Kotong styles nila yan talaga.
    Meron sign sa area na yan meron pa left turn traffic lights

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Nahuli din ako sa manila bandang intramuros..
    Hindi ko kasi kabisado kaya napapila pala ako sa mga kakaliwa o uturn ba basta side ng sm tapos dumiretso ako..
    Hayun nakuha naman sa pakiusapan hehe..

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rushmore View Post
    Nahuli din ako sa manila bandang intramuros..
    Hindi ko kasi kabisado kaya napapila pala ako sa mga kakaliwa o uturn ba basta side ng sm tapos dumiretso ako..
    Hayun nakuha naman sa pakiusapan hehe..

Yes, I got apprehended too but got to talk with the enforcer and he let me off the hook with a warning. Just be polite to them while explaining.

Btt: That part along Romualdez Street, since the 1980's to 90's there are enforcers apprehending a "no right turn on red signal", for me if the signal turns yellow then I won't gamble on it for knowing that once I turn some MTPB boy will flag me down. Ingat lang.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Meron kasing tree shade diyan kaya nakakapagtago ang mga MTPB diyan.

Another area to look out for is the Recto-Abad Santos intersection. May malaking sign na no right turn on red (right to Recto going Divisoria) pero medyo mataas ang pagkakalagay so hindi nakikita ng ibang motorista. Also bawal mag-right if you're on the 2nd outer lane. Dami makukulit na ginagawa yan. Mahirap takbuhan mga yan kasi traffic diyan or madaming nakaharang na jeepneys hehe

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Marami kasi matigas ulo na mag right pa rin kahit meron stop light at nakasulat na bawal kumanan on red...

As I've said Manila traffic enforcers are the easiest to talk to, no need to shout or name drop just apologized and tell them you didn't realized bawal yun ginawa mo and more often than not hey will let you pass..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    wala ngang sala, apologize?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    I think it depends rin kung gaano kaganda oto mo. and kung ano ang facial expression mo. may mga ganung factor din yan eh. pag mga 20s to 30s, yun ang madalas na kinokotongan. tulad nalang ng anak ni General!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12