New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    At around 1:40 to 2:00 pm yesterday, i was on my way to Binondo coming from Unilever Phil. I passed by UN Avenue and turned right at Romualdez St. i was so sure that the GREEN light saying its ok to turn right was on. So I did. 10-15 meters away were 2 MTB personnel in yellow uniform stopped me attempting to apprehend me. This really made me mad because i can not think of any violation I did. The first enforcer informed me I turned right while the light was already red at nag-go na raw motor sa kabilang lane. Nashock ako kasi i was dead sure the light was green when i turned. Naisip ko agad kokotongan ako ng mga kups na to. So i asked them show me their proof that i made the violation kasi kako the traffic light was infront of me and it was green kayong dalawa naman nagtatago dito sa malayo away from the view ng traffic light and you are telling me nagviolate ako ng traffic rules. Buti na lang andon wife ko at friend namin sa kotse. Both corroborated that the light was green. All of us were arguing with the enforcer. My friend was shouting kotong na to. My wife was asking for the name of the supervisor of the MTB.
    Ewan ko lang kung naintimidate namin yong enforcer kasi sa ingay na namin sa kotse and it was attracting attention sa tao. He asked the other enforcer to deal with us. Luckily the other enforcer, just let us go with a warning kuno without any ticket. Just the same ingat sa modus ng mga to.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    meron nga nakatago diyan parati. konting ingat lang. pero i pass by there every workday for the past 8 years. never apprehended.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

A similar thing happened to me too, on the road from Manila City Hall to Roxas Blvd.... Light was still green so I crossed the intersection. But before I crossed, a vehicle, coming from the street on my left crossed the intersection and turned left, going in the same direction as me. I remember blasting my horn on that vehicle.

Then, a couple of traffic officers approached us, while waiting for the green light at the next intersection, telling us that we crossed the intersection while the light has turned red. Wife and myself were practically shouting at the officers, that the light was still green when we crossed the intersection,- so they approached and apprehended the other vehicle.....

Hay naku! Hindi naman nakikita ang traffic lights,- nanghuhuli dahil lang sa mga ginagawa ng ibang motorista...

16.2K:bat:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Marami kasi matigas ulo na mag right pa rin kahit meron stop light at nakasulat na bawal kumanan on red...

As I've said Manila traffic enforcers are the easiest to talk to, no need to shout or name drop just apologized and tell them you didn't realized bawal yun ginawa mo and more often than not hey will let you pass..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

5. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    At around 1:40 to 2pm? Nangogotong na for merienda time yan hahaha

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    pag nasa katwiran ipaglaban mo.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    pag nasa katwiran ipaglaban mo.
    eh pano pag fake officers pala pumara sayo just to carjack??? hay pilipinas... sa ibang bansa puro camera na humuhuli para maiwasan ito...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

A similar thing happened to me too, on the road from Manila City Hall to Roxas Blvd.... Light was still green so I crossed the intersection. But before I crossed, a vehicle, coming from the street on my left crossed the intersection and turned left, going in the same direction as me. I remember blasting my horn on that vehicle.

Then, a couple of traffic officers approached us, while waiting for the green light at the next intersection, telling us that we crossed the intersection while the light has turned red. Wife and myself were practically shouting at the officers, that the light was still green when we crossed the intersection,- so they approached and apprehended the other vehicle.....

Hay naku! Hindi naman nakikita ang traffic lights,- nanghuhuli dahil lang sa mga ginagawa ng ibang motorista...

16.2K:bat:

I could not agree more. Sa layo nila sa traffic light I dont think they'll be able to really distinguish if its the vehicle on the other lane which actually committed the violation. I was under the impression na naninindak lang yong enforcers. Anyways, if they did give me a ticket, I'll make sure that i'll use the ticket as evidence and file a complaint. Magkaubusan na ng oras at pera pero Ill make sure mawawalan sila ng trabaho. IMHO, the fact that they were not positioned in the intersection and were technically hiding meant they had every intention to victimize passing motorists.

Aside from admin complaint, can someone actually sue these a-holes para magtanda?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    basehan nila yung umandar na motor? eh umaandar naman kadalasan mga yan kahit pula pa sa kanila...

10. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by frake View Post
    basehan nila yung umandar na motor? eh umaandar naman kadalasan mga yan kahit pula pa sa kanila...
    i second the notion!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast