New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Really awful, this mashup of cars.

Took me an hour to get from our house in Pasig to Jupiter. Ordinarily it would've taken less than 15 minutes. And this was at 11 in the evening, a full 12 hours after the incident. No matter what backroad I took, I'd still end up in a slow-moving queue of cars.

Just goes to show how incompetent the road clearing group of the MMDA is when it comes to situations like these. It also serves as an example of what happens when you close down a major thoroughfare that traverses through the metro.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    A man died with 8 hurt but most of you are complaining about the traffic.

I'd be thankful we were nowhere near the blunt end of the careening truck.

And the cleanup probably took longer than necessary because the tow trucks were stuck in the gridlock as well.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    These truck drivers, including bus drivers, drives like reckless teens in a sports car. Madalas gamit ng trucks ay leftmost lane intended for fast moving vehicles, minsan nagkakarerahan pa sila. Hindi rin naman hinuhuli ng MMDA for reckless driving and endangering the public, kaya hindi nadidisiplina.

Ilang beses na bang na feature sa tv ang mga bus at truck na nadidisgrasya, ang gasgas na palusot nawala o di kumagat ang preno.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    A man died with 8 hurt but most of you are complaining about the traffic.

I'd be thankful we were nowhere near the blunt end of the careening truck.

And the cleanup probably took longer than necessary because the tow trucks were stuck in the gridlock as well.
    There's not much any of us can do about the death and the damages caused by the accident, and surely one should feel a certain sense of solace in the fact that he wasn't part of the crash, but it's human nature to complain about inconveniences directly affecting us, despite graver things happening elsewhere.

If we always took into consideration the fact that others have it much worse off than us, then no one would be complaining about anything until world hunger is solved.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12