New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    On your own opinion.

Is your first car have centimental value on you? specially if you own it as brand new.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Deleted . . .
    Last edited by Walter; April 16th, 2015 at 11:07 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yes.... my first car was 1972 VW beetle 1602S that was handed down to me by my father.
    i had it painted up (original color was white, repainted it to midnight blue), put in 15" na banana type rims, removed the back seat and put in two 10 inch subs, replaced the head unit, put in CD changers, amps, separates and tweets. Had also installed a momo steering wheel and chromed the entire engine, changed the exhaust systems and converted the carbs to dual type.

in short cool sya..... used it for four years during college, nilulusob sa baha sa espana na hindi man lang ako tinirik.... the only problem i had with that is when the clutch cable snapped.

i had to sell it low (i think i sold it at 60k in 1995) because i need funds for my wedding.... kung may chance pa nga ako na bilihin ulit yun, bibilihin ko ulit. collectors item.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

yes.... my first car was 1972 VW beetle 1602S that was handed down to me by my father.
    i had it painted up (original color was white, repainted it to midnight blue), put in 15" na banana type rims, removed the back seat and put in two 10 inch subs, replaced the head unit, put in CD changers, amps, separates and tweets. Had also installed a momo steering wheel and chromed the entire engine, changed the exhaust systems and converted the carbs to dual type.

in short cool sya..... used it for four years during college, nilulusob sa baha sa espana na hindi man lang ako tinirik.... the only problem i had with that is when the clutch cable snapped.

i had to sell it low (i think i sold it at 60k in 1995) because i need funds for my wedding.... kung may chance pa nga ako na bilihin ulit yun, bibilihin ko ulit. collectors item.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yes, my first car was worth a few cents, so very centimental indeed!

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Nope.
    My 1st car is a 1994 Toyota Corolla XL (big body) which I bought as brand new.
    Than I sold it after using it for 10years. Then bought My 2nd car, a 2004 Honda Jazz iDSL again bought brand new.
    Sold it then bought a 2008 Honda City iDSL brand new also. I also bought a 10 wheeler Isuzu butterfly wing aluminum van.
    I still have it both up to now but I also bought a 2009 Ford Ranger Trekker brand new also.
    I sold the Ranger eventually and bought a 2015 Toyota Yaris and 2015 Toyota Wigo, both brand new and bought at the same day.
    I am now planning to sell the City and buy the new Ford Everest.
    You should just take good care of your vehicle but you should never get attached to it.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

cars are tools..
    are you in love with your llave tubo?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    My family is guilty of not letting go of cars. We've had several cars that we kept until we were forced to give it away or sell as junk.

My first car was given to me by my Dad when I graduated HS. It was his favorite car and I felt honored that he gave it to me instead of my brother My Mom and I used to fight over it since I seldom used the car and it was just occupying space in the garage. I refused to sell it until it rotted We still have another car that it rotting away.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Heard once somewhere, this guy like looking at their house at Google maps, because it captured the moment his father's pickup was parked at their garage. Reminds him of his father when he was still alive.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    ^^ tell him to screenshot it. Google maps update once in a while

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I refused to sell it until it rotted We still have another car that it rotting away.
    That's centimental value, ma'am. ☺

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast