New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    i usually let go of my cars after 4-5 years, which is about the time the warranty lapses. i just want something reliable...but looking back, if i'd only kept a couple of my cars, i'd have a couple of classics by now (240Z, RX7).

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    one thing i noticed is that i let go of my cars every 2 years hehe..i rack up alot of miles so its ok ;)

it's easier to trade/sell the car while it still has value rather than try to keep it and lose alot in the end.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    When I'm overhelmed with too much temptation (to upgrade).

Right now, I am in a limbo. I tried applying for a car loan (for the sake of trying) and now everyone's (PSBank-got approved in a span of 2 days, Hyundai, Kia dealers) calling me if I've made up my mind. I have my old car with me but I can't decide whether to trade it in and get a new one. It's a stressful thing to be constantly thinking about this.

It's nice to dream of having a brand new one. But when you're already there, the tough decisions have to be made.

Good thing you asked ..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    my dad and my father argued and didnt talk for years when my dad sold the Opel Rekord lolo gave him... my grandfather really like cars and sentimental when it comes to it...
    sabi nya "bulukin na lang kesa ibenta".... isa pa lang ata ang kotseng nabenta nya and just recently lang, Exalta EX sa ahente pa nya.

after years of not talking when they reconciliated, hehehe nagulat ako. i saw some of my grandfathers old cars there. stored and dusty. His Crowns and Corona.

ganun din ako siguro, cant imagine letting go of our Adventure.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    if it spends more time in a talyer or your garage/parking area than in the roads...benta mo na. or if you dont feel secure/safe while driving it

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I am lucky to change cars yearly for the past 4 years because my dad had extra money to buy a new one for himself each year. I just grab the opportunity being the recepient of hand me down vehicles. But I'm the type who gets too attached to a vehicle.

Agree with Redorange, as long as I can still maintain the vehicle I will. Mahirap kasi ang may utang eh.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005

When I ran out of garage space... It's time to let go of one of our vehicles....

Can't imagine myself sleeping soundly at night when one of our vehicles is parked outside of our garage, even if we live in a gated subdivision.... It's just me....

5202:threadmil:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

When I ran out of garage space... It's time to let go of one of our vehicles....

Can't imagine myself sleeping soundly at night when one of our vehicles is parked outside of our garage, even if we live in a gated subdivision.... It's just me....

Hindi ka nag-iisa...me too. I don't want to see a long scratch the following day without any idea who to kill

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

man, your not alone bro.. I even have to sell a car too coz I didnt have any more parking space! lolz! good thing my parents are not pissed.. yet! lolz!

aite, peace.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer View Post
    when maintenance is a headache and my brother approves a new vehicle purchase c/o the corporation
    Ahahaha. Natawa ako dito. Younger girl po ba kayo? Madali lang po yan! Konting lambing lang yan!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
When to let go...