New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 42 of 111 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Isn't the Metro similar to the Corolla? Or was that the Prism?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Isn't the Metro similar to the Corolla? Or was that the Prism?
    Well, half a Corolla.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Pryzm (or whatever the heck it was called) was the Corolla. I think the Metro is the same as the Suzuki Swift... or something. (EDIT: referenced)... oh, it was the Cultus.

I've done over 100 mph in 1.3 liter buzzboxes with four on-board, but nothing was as crazy as cornering at 100 mph in same 1.3 buzzbox, with three on-board. Heart-skipping moment, but the curve was banked, so I had a reasonable amount of grip... :lol: ...ah, the days fo misspent youth!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Well, half a Corolla.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Man, that was a cute car.

Reminds me of the Ford Laser we used to have (Mazda, I think). Breaking 70 mph was quite... exciting in it. :lol:

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    When I had an '89 Lancer EL (1.3L), I could barely go above 120kph

Nonetheless, that car allowed me to run from Fairview to UST in just 30minutes on early Sunday mornings when I was running late for ROTC

Yeah, I had to do more push ups than that car had in HP :busted:

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by gettloww View Post
    after exiting subic going to manila sir redorange... kakatapos lang po mag golf ng uncle ko with his friends... by the way five car convoy kame isang blue boxter, our red diablo, a ferrari superamerica, a lambo gallardo (orange) and a bmw c4... last year lng po na-acquire ung diablo... model 99 yata sya sir redorange.. post ko po picture nung car this week... medyo sanay na din po kse ako sa highspeed kaya able to attain ung 245 mark... my fastest speed experience is 260kmh using a yamaha r1(un nga lang po bike po ito hindi car)...
    correct me if i'm wrong ha wala kasi ako gano alam sa mga bimmers eh, diba wala naman BMW C4????

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Baka Z4?

There's actually a Superamerica in the Philippines? That one's rare.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I was gonna say......... You're out of your mind......

Actually we did it one better.

Did you know a Geo Metro can do 100mph with 4 adults (along I-84 in Idaho). He He. No, I wasn't driving. I was drunk like heck, though. Our designated driver was starting to fear we'd tear his car apart. So he was hurrying to get us home.
    *Jun: That was the fastest it could go unless it was down hill. Oh forgot to mention I also managed to spin the car once in Guam while doing 80mph, after I tried to avoid a car that came out of an intersection(that happens with 155/70/R12 tires). I think it spun 3x and I stuck it in N and watched as everything flashed by me in slow motion. When it finally stopped I was facing the opposite direction I was headed and on the opposite lane with all the cars in the highway stopped to watch my spin. I think I was 21 at the time and did alot of dumb things at high rates of speed, it's a wonder I'm still alive today.

*Niky: The Sprint/Metro was the Suzuki Swift but the Swift never got the 3cylinder engine it did have a GT model with a 1.3L 100hp engine, that's alot considering the car weighed 1500-1800lbs at the most. I had a 4 door version, here's a pic of a similar model to mine the one posted is the newer model. Didn't even know it had a hemi head on the 3 cylinder.

http://www.answers.com/topic/chevrolet-sprint

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    *Jun: That was the fastest it could go unless it was down hill. Oh forgot to mention I also managed to spin the car once in Guam while doing 80mph, after I tried to avoid a car that came out of an intersection(that happens with 155/70/R12 tires). I think it spun 3x and I stuck it in N and watched as everything flashed by me in slow motion. When it finally stopped I was facing the opposite direction I was headed and on the opposite lane with all the cars in the highway stopped to watch my spin. I think I was 21 at the time and did alot of dumb things at high rates of speed, it's a wonder I'm still alive today.

*Niky: The Sprint/Metro was the Suzuki Swift but the Swift never got the 3cylinder engine it did have a GT model with a 1.3L 100hp engine, that's alot considering the car weighed 1500-1800lbs at the most. I had a 4 door version, here's a pic of a similar model to mine the one posted is the newer model. Didn't even know it had a hemi head on the 3 cylinder.

http://www.answers.com/topic/chevrolet-sprint
    The Metro my friend had was a first-gen Metro. It was a lot boxier than the one in the pic. It was downhill when we reached 100 mph along I-84. Kinda hard to tell at first since it was 2am with no moon and we were the only ones on the road. Plus, my head was spinning from too much Smirnoff vodka. My friend was trying to get us home fast because another friend (sitting shotgun) was too wasted and was tossing parts of the car out the window.... cigarette lighter, ashtray, floormat.....

Good thing we didn't take my car home, instead. I left it at the party we attended earlier and picked it up a couple of days later.

I don't really miss being young because I didn't use my brain much in those days (until I got married). But, we can't wisen up unless we were stupid at one point.....

Add: Speaking of Swift. Wasn't that 100hp Swift a turbo? Back then, I heard rumors of a turbo Swift that scooted around pretty well.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; February 27th, 2007 at 05:10 AM.

What's your Top Speed [Merged]