New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    The new Mustang.
    The new VW Bug.

Mahirap nang lumain ang mga design nito.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    my forever car

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    For me:
    -Old 60s Mustangs (true muscle cars)
    -Newest Mustangs
    -The Ferrari & Lambo (When you're driving in these, you probably never ever ever forget that you're driving a Ferrari or Lambo..unlike a Honda or Toyota. It probably feels like you're driving for the 1st time in that car, everytime u drive)

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by badsekktor
    my forever car
    Diba...meron d2 yan sa pilipinas? haha..yung mga Fake Hummers. Everytime i see those, I have to laugh..but I've seen a few that look very very identical to the H1 (the real hummer). Here in Imus..along the Aguinaldo HiWay, there's a "hummer dealership" ...heheh..if ur interested.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    126 Benz, 6 Series BMW (old model), Range Rover (early 90's)...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    my friend has this type of mustang kaso stock sya as in wala pa nagalaw. not restored daw yun unit kasi sa dad pa nya yun. collor nya is white na may dalawang stripe na blue yata yun color sa gitna. sorry wala ako pic nung unit kasi di pa uso cam fone nun napupunta ako sa kanila. by the way yun unit eh nakaparada lang sa haus nila at wala ng gumagamit since my friend and his bro are already living in the USA so mom lang nya ang nag-aalaga sa unit. ayaw nila ibenta dahil may sentimental value daw sa dad nya. By the way his dad died a few years ago pero di pa rin nila binebenta. grabe roar ng makina! v8 yata yun! lakas din sa gas

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    haha yes, that's what i love about mustangs. The roar of the mustang..n it hauls ass! Uncle ko, sa states..meron sya 65 Mustang. Original engine, he just fixed the interior n exterior. I wasn't old enough to drive then, but, it roared! parang dinosour! No japanese car can compare to a V8 American Muscle car.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i dont think theres a such thing taking it in a more technical perspective theres no such thing as forever every thing may it be good or bad will soon come to an end. hehe. men(in general to a boy or girl) in nature would always want something better, with that i dont think we can ever say i will never want to change my car, may be just for the sake of sentimental value, but aside from that when a new more beautiful car with a new much more sophisticated interiors and engine with all its new hi-tech features, surely will trade our old crappy car with a new one. why do we love our kids bec. we have given great care to them, we have seen them grew with age, we have spent every time we have with them, and in return they have loved us back, we show them off to others bec they have something to offer, but when a new baby comes honestly speaking our attention shifts to that new child, and when that new child is much more entertaining he is the one we show off in a way the first child is over shadowed by his new much more cuter more fun sibling, thats reality, and continually what is happening in everything we do. sad to say but true.
    Last edited by blinker; December 8th, 2005 at 11:05 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    actually, 'forever cars' were the cars that eventhough theier time has passed, you could simply see them on the road even if it is several generations old. these are the classics like the VW Beetle (used to have one, but it is wilting already in the garage) or a Mini Cooper, and yes the Ford Mustang... also to be considered were the basic design where unaltered even for ten years since its initial launch. Ford claims that the basic structure of the old Mustang were almost unaltered until they launched the new one. same with the Mini Cooper which during its launch on late 50's has remained to its basic looks until '95. but in the case of the VW Beetle, the design can be traced since the time of Hitler (actually, this has been his project along with Ferdinand Porsche in a mindset to produce a 'people's car' hence Volkswagen meaning 'people's car). another one is the Land Rover Defender.

Auto manufacturer's have seen the niche in these as they try to revive the retro look of such vehicles...

the thing is, while cars were concieved, eventually matured, and gone, cars appeals to every kind of person, from one genre to another, the lifestyle and taste, to the budget brackets of individuals. that is why there are lovers of cars from the econobox to the super cars, from a subcompact to the SUV's and trucks. and yes, we cannot help it, as time passed-by our taste may eventually change. so as to define, 'forever car' is subjective.
    Last edited by ian_rex; December 8th, 2005 at 11:33 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Usually when they say 'forever cars', I just think of a model na pwede ko ipamana sa mga magiging apo ko.

That's why I voted for the Land Cruiser. 50 years and still going! LC40's are still quite easy to restore even today. And the trend is not about to change anytime soon.

Same with VW Beetles, 'Stangs, and a host of other cars that have become 'icons' of their time.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
What's your idea of a "Forever Car"