New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Fellow tsikoteers hi!
    Ano po magandang tire make and size for a Civic '99? Kakabili ko lang po ng car na ito and it is using dunlop sport tires. ang rim ng kotse ay 16-inch rota 8. Here is what I am looking for (in order of priority):
    ride comfort, traction (performance), quite ride, sportiness

salamat po!

sir, please do a search, there are several tire threads in the forums. search is your friend :wink:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa binigay mo na priorities, falken ziex
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    akala ko kung anong rubber. suggest ko sana ultra thin.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Anything durex, este durable.

I've tried Bridgestone Potenza GIII, 205/45 R16. They grip well, perform nicely on the wet, but ride is a bit hard noisy.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    akala ko ibang rubber din eh.

suggest ko sana Okamoto.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may bridgestone S-03 ba diyan? that was the first tire i thought about when reading your criteria. only drawbacks are cost and short tread life, but you didn't have them listed as criteria so i'm not sure if that's not important

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dehadista
    akala ko ibang rubber din eh.

suggest ko sana Okamoto.
    talaga maganda yan? how much ba? OT tau talaga. peace!

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    mga sir... sorry about the double meaning, i only meant to catch your attention. but i agree that Okamoto is okay-ito! hehehe.
    Okay, M54 I have to consider your criteria, but thanks for the input.

Here is what I am looking for now (in order of priority):
    ride comfort, quiet ride, traction (performance), cost, sportiness, and thread life

thank you sa mga nag-reply so far... keep the suggestions coming if you will.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    What is the stock size of your tires? Im nt sure but I think for 16s its 195/50-16. Madaming magandang tires and would depend on your budget. If you have money to spare, TRy Advan or Direzza, mga mid priced tires merong eage f1, bridgestone g3, toyo proxies and yokohama and falken. IF you want reasonable price at magandang performace go for the old school tires Dunlop Formula 901. May mga makukuhanan ako nasa 3 plus lang. Nice grip and comfy tyres. If city driving ka lang at nde humahataw pwede na ang lemans, although dont look for performanc coz madulas sya and a bit noisy pero comfy naman. And dont forget the most impt thing is to have your tires filled with nitrogen!!

Btw para sa kin mas maganda tayo ng 195/50-16 sa 205-45-16 just in case youre eyeing that size too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
What's your choice of rubber?