New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The gauge on my 2002 Sedona settles just below the midpoint when it reaches normal operating temperature.

An interesting thing happened to my ride last month, after I brought it home from the casa for a clutch replacement. Every so often, especially on bumpy roads, the needle on the temperature gauge would suddenly dip, and then slowly rise again to its normal level. When I had it checked, it turns out the connection of the sensor to the engine was a bit loose. When the mechanic reconnected it, everything was back to normal (whew).

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    If other Tamaraw FX's have the correct operating temp set to the same as your father's, then you should be fine. If it's below normal, then that's where it's running too cold. My question was bakit ka naiinggit, because other cars are calibrated differently.

There's a difference between saying that 1/3 of the gauge would read as standard operating temp, and saying that the temp reads 1/3 of the normal operating temp.

Plus, your father might have installed a lower rated thermostat, which is perfectly fine, but hopefully not too cold, however.

mine is XL 96 model pag may traffic sa gitna sya, normal lang sa akin yun , but kung tumatakbo, bumababa ang meter reading to "0" halos malamig na talaga ang engine...also nun nakuha ko yun car ko hindi maka-calibrate na ang readings. nothing to change. i think ganun talaga na bumababa ang reading to 0 kahit kami pag nasa express way, halos 0 na tlaga ang reading but kung humito or idle back to center reading..

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    If other Tamaraw FX's have the correct operating temp set to the same as your father's, then you should be fine. If it's below normal, then that's where it's running too cold. My question was bakit ka naiinggit, because other cars are calibrated differently.

There's a difference between saying that 1/3 of the gauge would read as standard operating temp, and saying that the temp reads 1/3 of the normal operating temp.

Plus, your father might have installed a lower rated thermostat, which is perfectly fine, but hopefully not too cold, however.
    Well every time I saw a normal temp (running for hours) below the halfway mark I really can’t resist comparing it with mine. I simply don’t hide once mainggit ako I even try to have a conversation about it…how he does it, how did they do it …. etc. but with praise of course.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
What's your car's normal temperature level