Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005

looks nice, doesnt it?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Looks good! Now all they need to do is send it to the Philippines to have Kelseat fix the interior so it won't feel so cheap. hehehe.

Quote Originally Posted by KoKoNAT
    The whole car itself looks poorly-built it doesn't look and feel solid you'd think its built out of aluminum instead of steel.
    Hey! They make engines out of aluminum!

Hehe... just kidding, I understand what you mean.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    even in Malaysia itself, Proton cars have a reputation of being lemons. a friend told me that the Wira's design is already about 10 yrs old. there is no R&D involved with those cars, they just continue to churn them out. the only reason its being patronized is because its cheap compared to jap cars. Perodua, another Malaysian car manufacturer, has cars w/ better designs, build & quality (they have a tie-up with Toyota, & they are the ones assembling the Toyota Avanza in Malaysia). the Malaysian govt gave restrictions favoring Proton because only Proton can manufacture cars w/ engines 1.5L & above. Perodua can manufacture cars w/ 1.5L & below only. pero mas nag-thrive ang Perodua inspite of the unfair competition (si Mahatir kc nasa board of directors ng Proton & being the Prime Minister at that time, he naturally gave perks to Proton).

wala ng tie-up ang Proton with Mitsubishi. they now have a partnership with Volkswagen, although i have yet to see VW's components in a Proton car. yung engine ng Gen2 is from Lotus (also owned by Proton).

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    wow! 2-door 1 series with a touch of all-new civic. ganda rin ha.dapat nga simula muna sila sa asean countries. ilabas na dito yan! para malait na uli hehehe. pero meron nga ba kayong kakilalang nagmayari ng wira? musta reliability at performance?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Like I said, the cars are not too bad looking. Probably because of the Italian design company, Pininfarina, they hired to design the cars. Its only in the build quality they they really suffered.

Our old kapitbahay had a Wira sedan. Parehong-pareho lang daw ng Lancer iba lang ang tatak. Ginagamitan nga nila ng Lancer spare parts eh (may talyer kasi sila). Other than that, wala akong masyadong feedback. Muntik na rin kaming mapabili ng Wira lift-back noong nasa Pilipinas pa kami dahil mura nga. Ended up buying a 1990 Corolla instead.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    The 80's Lancer based Iswara is still alive in Malaysia hehehehe. The Waja is also known as the Impian (UK).

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    baka yung Iswara pa nga ang pinakamatibay na tsikot nila eh... based on the old Mitsubishi Colt. btw, is the quality problems affects even those Wira and other Mitsubishi based Proton cars?

ive rode on my dad's friend Proton Wira some few years back, a Malaysian diplomat car, its even RHD, the quality seems fine naman. Lancer na Lancer.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The earlier Wiras had okay reliability precisely because they used more Japanese components than later Protons. If you get a locally sold LHD Wira here, it's not a bad car, and often a steal at the prices they sell for.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08
    baka yung Iswara pa nga ang pinakamatibay na tsikot nila eh... based on the old Mitsubishi Colt. btw, is the quality problems affects even those Wira and other Mitsubishi based Proton cars?
    i think the best among Proton cars is the Perdana series probably because its more expensive. The Iswara, Satria, Wira, Tiara, Saga are the Proton models w/c 'slowly disintegrate' (as my Malaysian friend said) from 3 years onwards. Gen-2s dont sell well because of the crampped interiors, plus the low passenger ceiling at the back.

Perodua cars are more in demand, in fact the MyVi model has a waiting time of 3 months. Proton Savvy cars are readily available on dealer showrooms.

Tsaka according to a Top Gear crash test episode, when a Ford Fiesta was compared vs the Proton Wira in UK, there is a better survival rate in the Fiesta because the Proton had more damage during a collision-test at 40 (or 60mph). The host said with the Fiesta costing a liitle more than the Wira, its better to spend extra pounds for safety.
    Last edited by nitrox; June 15th, 2006 at 04:19 PM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
What happend to proton yun malaysian car