New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Diba dati may kasabayan yung KIA at Hyundai na new player yung Proton. May car sila na wira mukang lancer na may ilaw ng Galant sa likod? Umasenso na ang hyundai at Kia pero sila parang nawala? ANg alam ko dati ka tie up nila ang mitsu kaya kahawig nung wira yung lancer.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    They are still alive in their Malaysian home market but with lots of help from the government.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013
    Diba dati may kasabayan yung KIA at Hyundai na new player yung Proton. May car sila na wira mukang lancer na may ilaw ng Galant sa likod? Umasenso na ang hyundai at Kia pero sila parang nawala? ANg alam ko dati ka tie up nila ang mitsu kaya kahawig nung wira yung lancer.
    Lancer talaga siya, rebadged nga lang. Unfortunately, di siya nagclick. Muntik na kaming kumuha niyan kaso lumabas yung EK Civic kaya si Civic ang nakatuluyan ko.:inlove:

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hard for them to stay competitive here, as I don't think they're really pushing their LHD cars that much now.

Protons are still sold in various RHD markets, like the UK, and uh...............

....darn, I can't think of where else they're selling them...

IMHO, Proton really took a nosedive when they switched from Japanese components to local (Malaysian) components. So instead of having a pretty good Lancer rebadge, like most Koreans were doing with Mazdas, Opels (well, that didn't work well, either) and the like, they ended up with cars with components of dubious quality.

The last totally new car I've heard of from then was the Gen.2, but from all reports, it's not very competitive... but it looks good.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013
    Diba dati may kasabayan yung KIA at Hyundai na new player yung Proton. May car sila na wira mukang lancer na may ilaw ng Galant sa likod? Umasenso na ang hyundai at Kia pero sila parang nawala?
    Why?
    Number one, you need to do one hell of a marketing campaign to sell a Malaysian car in the RP... and that was not the strongest point of their local distributor...
    Proton Pilipinas Corporation later became [SIZE=3]Auto Prominence Corp.[/SIZE] in 1998.

Nothing seems to go right when they are involved.
    companies don't want to renew contracts, they have poor marketing, poor service etc.
    They lost Proton
    They lost Alfa Romeo
    They lost Audi to PGA Cars as the official distributor/dealer.

VW is a big "?" now
    Nexus... haven't seen a single one yet, will they last?

*Proton Pilipinas Corp became Auto Prominence Corp when they dropped the Proton brand due to poor sales(and zero marketing.)
    Audi didn't want to be associated with the malaysian car maker.
    "Audi distributed by Proton Pilipinas...."

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here are the 2 latest models from Proton:
    the Gen2 launched in 2004... (poor man's Mazda 3)

...and the Savvy (2005)
    Last edited by AG4; June 15th, 2006 at 01:51 AM.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Feature for feature mas lamang nun yung Wira kaysa dun sa Lancer itlog model tapos mas mura pa. Mukhang promising yung Proton nun, todo suporta pa yung admin ni FVR. Dahil dun, nakakuha pa sila ng deal para makapagpatayo ng assembly plant sa Alaminos, Pangasinan na homeprovince ni FVR. Yun nga lang, di talaga bumenta sa mga Pinoy yung tsikot na yun.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    well the last time na i went to malaysia, maraming proton dun ! yan nga yung gen 2 it looks good in my opinion medyo mahal nga lang ! converted lalabas mga 680k ata e malapit na sa mazda3 price

and yeah kaya rin nawala dito ang proton alfa romeo at soon to be VW dahil sa management ng auto prominence which really sucks in advertising their cars ! kaya naman bumenta e wala lang ata silang pakialam talaga !

well yung casa at service center ng proton/alfa romeo is still open in edsa

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    e, yun nga yun eh... Lancer sya basically... so, siguro inisip na lang ng mga buyers na Lancer na lang ang bilhin.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    They even built a plant here and after a short time, wala din, they closed it. The plant is located near our home town in Pangasinan.

The Proton Wira Aeroback looks great to me when it was sold here. In their homeland, they even sold the Perdana saloon, which is based on the Mitsubishi Eterna.

Mitsubishi Eterna

Proton Perdana

i heard a funny chizmax recently about this. When they were still selling the Wira here, the SA's from Proton are telling their customers that they can service their Wira's in any Mitsu dealers. Pagdating sa mga Mitsu dealers, hindi sila inaccept dun for servicing. Thats chizmax lang naman hehhee.
    Last edited by carlocaraddict; June 15th, 2006 at 08:01 AM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    isn't there another local indonesian car brand competing with proton? i read a feature on this nto so long ago, comparing the two companies.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
What happend to proton yun malaysian car