New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ... remove the engine from car. hehehe

seriously, my previous car had a system to disable the fuel pump. The "switch" is an audio plug that I plug in into it's socket before the car can start. No normal switch to turn on/off.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    good topic!

okey yung ashtray-open switch a! pwede rin siguro mag-alaga ka ng ahas na malaki-laki tapos iwan mo sa loob pag parking hehe :mrgreen:

keep the ideas coming... laking tulong to sa lahat ng tsikot peeps

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think that if a truly capable and determined thief wants your car, there's no way you can stop them from taking it.

I think the secret to keeping your car safe from carnap is to make your car "less desirable" for a thief to even attempt to take it.

I believe that the longer it seems to take a thief to take(work on) your car, the less desirable it becomes. The thief is concerned about 2 things: how long it takes to get into you car and drive away with it, and how much effort he/she will expend to take your car.

For example: 2 nice cars are parked right next to the other, Car A and Car B. Both car doors are locked. Car B though has an alarm system, complete with blinking lights and what not to let people know that it does have an alarm system.

A potential thief would probably hit Car A instead of Car B. It'll call much less attention to the thiefs actions to work on a car without an alarm.

Using this example, I believe that a combination of passive (your door locks, your steering locks etc.) and active deterrents (motion sensors, car alarms etc.) will serve to make your car "less desirable". For instance, your standard old car alarm + steering wheel locks like "The Club" makes for great carnap deterrents. It will appear to criminal elements that it will both take time and a lot of work to get past the alarm and the steering wheel lock to get your car.

Now on to the topic at hand: ways to disable your car

If you have an aftermarket steering wheel, or are thinking about getting one, Smart Racing Products sells quick release assemblies for steering wheels. I belive that these quick release assemblies are used quite often in racing situations where the steering wheel must be taken out first in order to accomodate the driver. They are pretty expensive though, but I just though I might throw that idea out there for people to consider.

It might look funny though to go to a mall, park your car, and walk around the mall with your steering wheel in hand! :lol:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    e46bo1,

re: removable steering wheel, sa future kaya, will it come preloaded as to how many kms that steering wheel can drive a car? When my kids grow up, I want something that can control their unapproved trips, (lakad sa gabi) :D

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yung kuya ko dati when he was still using an 80's galant, tinatanggal niya isa sa mga high tension wires and hide it somewhere in the trunk or minsan dinadala niya whenever he parks in a "high risk" area

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ako yung MASTER padlock na mahaba ang shackle kasya ito from clutch to brake

although not a very good idea nakuha ko lang kasi sa bahay yung lock sayang din

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dang! i hope there aren't any car thieves reading this thread. we're practically giving away our best kept secret defenses.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just to add, the looks of the car can have nothing to do with it being carnapped or not. They are either stolen to be resold or chopped up into parts. The high risk cars are usually the 1.6 cars like the Corolla. My bro-in-law who works for Philam Insurance mentioned to me before that the Isuzu Highlander is also a favorite.

BTW, since medyo related na to sa topic, what are the recommended shops for an alarm install (authorized dealer, good work, fair price, etc)? What are the recommended alarms, Clifford? Viper? Code Alarm?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i dunno if this gizmos work on M/T pero sa A/T I believe talaga gagana ito yung pangalan pala nang gadget ai Gear Lock....... my gumagamit naba nito.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHorse
    e46bo1,

re: removable steering wheel, sa future kaya, will it come preloaded as to how many kms that steering wheel can drive a car? When my kids grow up, I want something that can control their unapproved trips, (lakad sa gabi) :D
    Hey man, you never know, someone could very well come up with that someday!

I do believe that we are now living in the golden age of automobiles. Never a better time to have your car!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Ways to disable your car?