New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    What if replace your bumper keep the original ones and if something goes wrong put it back and bring it to the dealership.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sorry, the dealer does not have the last say. The manufacturer maybe, but not the dealer.

As I've posted in the Picanto thread, I went to Kia Quezon Ave. to have the engine stalling problem of the Kia fixed.

The service manager just asked me where I had the alarm/central lock and Stebel Magnums installed. Sabi ko sa Araneta Ave. Sabi lang niya maganda. And proceeded to do the work.

Akala ko hihiritan pa ko ng electrical chuchu eh. Makakarinig siya ng hindi maganda sakin. hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    If the front end is such an issue, then why in the world did he get that particular BMW?

Taking out the front end and changing it will certainly void the warranty. Most probably the front airbag sensors are there and could be affected with such modification.

Yup, he should have gotten the older 3 if he likes its looks better. Then he could opt for the new magnesium BMW engines to be swapped later on.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    yup...nabili na kasi and medyo alanagn talaga yung look. mas maporma kasi talaga look ng E46. kahit ba sa casa nila mismo papagawa mawawala warranty?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jonski View Post
    yup...nabili na kasi and medyo alanagn talaga yung look. mas maporma kasi talaga look ng E46. kahit ba sa casa nila mismo papagawa mawawala warranty?
    Pag sa Casa e natural me warranty yon.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Ewan ko how things work sa mga delaers diyan, pero yung mga dealers dito is full of BS lalo na pagdating sa ganyan... Of course why would they void the warranty when a body work does not affect the engine at all... Pero hndi mo rin masabi, gago kase mga dealers eh...

IMO, ok din lang siguro yung papalitan mo yung bumper then kapag may sira ibabalik yung original before you bring the car to the dealer, actually that's illegal pero safe ka kung hni nila iiinspect yung the whole car... Kase they could tell that you swapped bumper if they would inspect the whole car for that matter...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by squala View Post
    If the front end is such an issue, then why in the world did he get that particular BMW?

Taking out the front end and changing it will certainly void the warranty. Most probably the front airbag sensors are there and could be affected with such modification.

Yup, he should have gotten the older 3 if he likes its looks better. Then he could opt for the new magnesium BMW engines to be swapped later on.
    I don't think manufacturers put the airbag sensor by the bumper, it won't work, and they will just not do it otherwise it may deploy the airbags when you slightly rear end a car... In order for the airbags to deploy, there has to be some frame damage...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    uuuhhmmm, teka nga, ano ba yung car na pinaguusapan natin dito? yung E90 ba? If so, your uncle wants to swap it to an E46's??? hhmmm I don't think it's gonna work just like that... Kelangan nya ng E46 headlights, E46 fenders, and E46 hood... That's not gonna be that easy of a body work... I'm not sure but he might even have to get the bumper support modified, which includes some cutting and welding...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jonski View Post
    guys tanong ko lang kung mawawala ba warranty kung papalitan yung front end ng isang kotse? yung tito ko kasi hindi nya trip looks ng 3series ngayon...medyo gusto nya yung 2003 na look. kapag nagkaproblem ba sa engine eh hindi na kasama warranty? kasi body lang naman papalitan.
    mga sir.yes the dealer has the last say i do aggree with you guys.just some things you have to consider.most of our cars today has the impact sensor left and right and are on the bumper mounts if not on the bumper it self.youl loose your claim sa warranty and insurance pag pumutok airbag mo.due to the modification. ambient temp.sensor are right on top if not on the bumper vents.that would effect the a/c efficiency.as i said its still the dealer last say lam mo naman barat mga dealer natin. thanks

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Ang dealers lahat gagawin ang paraan para di mo ma-claim ng warranty... believe it... bka kapag nasira ung lock ng trunk mo e sabihin nila "pinalitan mo ung front end eh..."

To be on the safe side antayin mo na lang ma-out of warranty... or buy the other car...

Its not worth na makipag debate ka sa dealer over if its under warranty or not.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
void warranty?