New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    good luck getting through beaurocratic red tape here.

let's just hope you can get your insurance claim. it's a good thing you knew better than t o leave your car. better scratched than stolen. it's a good thing that only the car was hurt too.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    kung ganyan ang nangyari sa kin papa-trackdown ko yun driver ng truck at papabugbog ko. kupal yan ah, sya pa me ganang manisi eh nasa kabila na sya ng kalsada at nakuha pa umeskapo. mintik ka na pinatay, what more kung nadale ka nyan, hit and run talaga ang nasa utak. no different na din yan sa mga mamamatay tao.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mga bosing...i am obviously not an expert on philippine law, but isn't it a crime to run from the scene of an accident, especially one were there could be injuries?

if so, ipakulong mo yang hayup na yan! don't be satisfied with just getting your insurance to repair the car and the truck owner to reimburse the costs. if you can't get him thrown in jail then i like the bugbog idea. one way or the other, people can't do really bad or stupid things without some kind of consequences

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    goodluck po! and hit-and-run na yan technically, so that oughtta give you something more to help you in getting that retard in his place...off the driver's seat and into kalaboso.

maganda rin is to followup regularly sa insurance para malaman lahat ng dapat kelangan and matapos agad repairs.

***pero kung ako lang yan, kung ayaw niyang managot, then I WILL just get my satisfaction from beating him to a bloody pulp. unconscious, preferably. tutal, madilim naman lugar. i feel so evil nanaman ah. ***
    Last edited by nugundam93; December 16th, 2005 at 06:43 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    bakla yan driver tumawag pa ng kasama niya. Kung lalaki siguro nabangga niya panay sorry niyan. Wag po maging pusong mamon, dapat diyan sa mga ganyan pinaparusahan

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Good thing u had many good samaritans who chased down that driver. But, i agree with Aguinaldo Highway. The road condition on that highway isnt the greatest. N many many jeeps n buses are on that hiway. so, if ur familiar, u stay on the left lane, n keep out of the right lanes..unless there's no jeep or bus in front of u. N u know how the buses n jeeps are..most of the time, they dont have working brake lights..n when a passenger says, "Para!", they stop immediately when u dont expect it. It's not a good idea to race through the Aguinaldo Highway like u see many "mayabang" drivers do, there's too many things to watch out for.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nugundam93
    i feel so evil nanaman ah. ***
    evil is good :evillaugh

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Thank you for all those who replied in this thread… most of you are right, the process really takes long and they haven’t until now started any repairs on my car . I’l share with you my experience on buying a second hand car from a stranger and claiming from auto insurances. This is a follow through on the accident I met last dec 15…

The insurance company just yesterday denied my claim for damages to my car (Estimated cost of damages c/o Honda magallanes is 72K++). According to them, I don’t have any “Insurable interest”. Upon their investigation, they found out that my deed of sale was falsified. The investigation was triggered by the deed of sale I faxed them as a requirement of my ownership to the car. It was found out that they have two deeds of sale with the first owner’s name on both deeds of sale. The falsification on my deed of sale was seen on the forged signature of the first owner and her inconsistent TIN no (in fact, the first owner when asked by investigators (NBI), did not acknowledge having signed the second deed of sale). I now hold the person who sold me the car (and told me lies on how he got the car) responsible for this. (The seller is DELFIN LABIT ZOLETA, BEWARE OF HIM! DON’T TRUST THIS PERSON!) , I am preparing everything first on my end for my protection and for a stronger case before I tell this person that I found out he falsified our deed of sale. So, just yesterday, the insurance already told me that my claim is denied bec I don’t have any “Insurable Interest”. The insurance is now endorsed to a second owner who sold the car to DELFIN. I didn’t know that there was a second owner aside from delfin. This alarmed me so I tracked this person down (the supposed second owner) bec. he’s the only one who can endorse me the insurance bec its under his name already. Very fortunately, I was able to find this guy through some friends and went to his house yesterday. He is into buy and sell of cars. When we talked to him and met him, He was very accommodating and willing to help but I still don’t know if I can trust him (anyway, here’s his name: Edgardo Rellosa, just in case anybody here bought a car from him and can attest to his truthfulness). He acknowledged that he really sold the car to Delfin but he doesn’t have a notarized copy of the deed of sale daw between him and delfin bec. Delfin, who promised to have it notarized daw, did not return to him (hay!). Anyway, our resolution, upon consultation also to some friends and here-say from ppl working in an insurance co., we’ll have to do an affidavit, coming from the second owner (edgardo) and now the insured member, declaring and acknowledging that I am now the owner of the car and that the use of the car was permitted because it was sold to me already. Also, he’ll be calling the insurance co. to file the claim himself because he is the authorized person to do that. And he (edgardo) will be issuing another deed of sale between me and him this time insuring that everything is legal. I don’t know if that will work. I pray that it will. But moral of the story, as much as possible 1)buy a car from somebody you know, 2)make sure the other party indicated in the deed of sale (the one named in the OR-CR) is present during the signing of both parties (The deed of sale shown to me was an open deed of sale, with the signature of the 1st owner already on the document when I signed it) and 3) get an insurance from a company that will not give you any headaches if you, God forbid, met an accident and have to claim damages cost.

Thank you again for reading and for your future replies.

Again, be careful and smart with any dealings you may have (I learned this the hard way). God bless!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    ouch. sorry to hear how it ended. we were hoping pa naman for a favorable ending.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    di ba ang insured is the vehicle and not the driver? and you said it's just a month since you paid for the car - so dapat i-honor pa din yung policy mo. unless, your deed of sale problem got in the way, baka akala carnapped na insured vehicle sa kanila (insurer).

my 1st car was 2nd hand and with a valid insurance coverage under 1st owner name, when i accidentally backed it up poorly in our garage (another story) ... the insurer honored my claim since ang insured ay vehicle and O.D.

good luck sa iyo, alam ko mahirap yan. sana maayos mo ... habulin mo din yung trucking company and have them pay for repair. may police report ka naman di ba?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
BE VERY VERY CAREFUL.. Sleepy and drunk drivers