New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Guys,

I'm pretty baseless when it comes to car thingy. I used to ask somebody else to help me fix car related problems but it come to the point that I have to do it myself. Would help me get through things?

Based on the diagnosis made by the CASA, I need to replace my:

1. radiator cap
    2. lower engine support
    3. crank oil seal
    4. drive shaft oil seal
    5. battery terminal

My concerns:

• Do I need to replace those immediately so not to face more serious problems?
    • Would you impart some best practices like talyer na lang or CASA is better.
    • Where in evangelista OK na talyer?

Thanks and best regards!
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Guys,

I'm pretty baseless when it comes to car thingy. I used to ask somebody else to help me fix car related problems but it come to the point that I have to do it myself. Would help me get through things?

Based on the diagnosis made by the CASA, I need to replace my:

1. radiator cap
    2. lower engine support
    3. crank oil seal
    4. drive shaft oil seal
    5. battery terminal

My concerns:

• Do I need to replace those immediately so not to face more serious problems?
    • Would you impart some best practices like talyer na lang or CASA is better.
    • Where in evangelista OK na talyer?

Thanks and best regards!
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Judging by the number of 'casas' on the Goon Squad Forum, they ain't always the best place to leave your car.

Btw, what car are we talking about here?

1. Radiator cap - depends on how rotten your cap is. You can just buy one with the same specs at SM Hardware if you're not really particular about going OEM. OEM is available at the casa. I have yet to meet anyone who does not know how to replace a radiator cap (Procedure: remove old cap, put on new cap )

2. Lower engine support - why do they want to replace this? Are you feeling excess vibrations, is the part physically damaged? Try to look at it first. These are the 'feet' of your engine. This is where the engine is physically attached to the car body/chassis.

3. Crank oil seal - unless it's spewing oil in your face, I'd probably hold replacement of this part until it comes time to do the timing belt change para isang labor na lang.

4. Driveshaft oil seal - again, if its not spewing oil or losing oil at an alarming rate, I'd just wait for a bigger service then isasabay ko na lang.

5. Battery terminal - why do they want to replace it? This is another part that's available even at the mall and is pretty easy to install.

HTH.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    amen with otep.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    second the motion.....
    bro, happy_gilmore kumusta na?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you don't mind driving up to San Juan, why don't you try my mechanic friend for your car problems

He's Ray Sarol, number 09209252290, tell him Art referred you.

Text mo muna sya to arrange a schedule.

Very trushworthy guy and a good mechanic.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    This is what the casa calls PMS or preventive maintenance service. It replaces parts that are bound break at a certain given time or distance.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I think Ill gona call Ray, I need to replace my timing belt for my 97 glxi and also the crank shaft oil seal....

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by artpogi View Post
    If you don't mind driving up to San Juan, why don't you try my mechanic friend for your car problems

He's Ray Sarol, number 09209252290, tell him Art referred you.

Text mo muna sya to arrange a schedule.

Very trushworthy guy and a good mechanic.
    Thanks! will try to contact him!

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Judging by the number of 'casas' on the Goon Squad Forum, they ain't always the best place to leave your car.

Btw, what car are we talking about here?

1. Radiator cap - depends on how rotten your cap is. You can just buy one with the same specs at SM Hardware if you're not really particular about going OEM. OEM is available at the casa. I have yet to meet anyone who does not know how to replace a radiator cap (Procedure: remove old cap, put on new cap )

2. Lower engine support - why do they want to replace this? Are you feeling excess vibrations, is the part physically damaged? Try to look at it first. These are the 'feet' of your engine. This is where the engine is physically attached to the car body/chassis.

3. Crank oil seal - unless it's spewing oil in your face, I'd probably hold replacement of this part until it comes time to do the timing belt change para isang labor na lang.

4. Driveshaft oil seal - again, if its not spewing oil or losing oil at an alarming rate, I'd just wait for a bigger service then isasabay ko na lang.

5. Battery terminal - why do they want to replace it? This is another part that's available even at the mall and is pretty easy to install.

HTH.
    salamat po..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
tulong po!