New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    If you opt for the cheaper (relative) canvas bag vs the hardtop, someone can just slash the fabric and run away with your stuff.
    The hardtop is much safer but expensive, the lock is also very funky.
    You are looking at around 60K and up for a Thule system.
    P.S. You need a special permit to use roof mounted carryons. I believe the term is "Top Load" on your LTO permit. Tsikot members have been harassed by MMDA in the past.

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    60k?? mahal pala talaga sir...what about other brands sir?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jaejae View Post
    bump this thread sirs!

anybody bought a thule roof box here? please share your inputs with the price and where you bought it from! thank you!
    We have two Thule roof boxes and one is well over 15 years old already; still good and the only broken part is the damper which holds up the cover (nilalagyan ko nalang ng tukod). It is pricey but well worth it in quality and durability, IMO. I still run up to over 160kph on the highway with the box on. :D

Aside from Thule, the other option really is to import one on your own (if you know anyone with a cargo container coming in).

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    We have two Thule roof boxes and one is well over 15 years old already; still good and the only broken part is the damper which holds up the cover (nilalagyan ko nalang ng tukod). It is pricey but well worth it in quality and durability, IMO. I still run up to over 160kph on the highway with the box on. :D

Aside from Thule, the other option really is to import one on your own (if you know anyone with a cargo container coming in).
    what about the base model of their roff box sir? will it still cost around 60k? sounds overkill to me...i will visit their showroom when i get home....

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what about the base model of their roff box sir? will it still cost around 60k? sounds overkill to me...i will visit their showroom when i get home....
    I think the 60K mentioned above pertains to the whole shebang (roof box, crossbar and footpack). Do drop by their showroom and inquire when you can; am not really sure how much it costs nowadays.

Sometimes may binebenta online (used) pero weather-weather lang yun.
    Last edited by vinj; May 19th, 2011 at 07:01 PM.

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    I think the 60K mentioned above pertains to the whole shebang (roof box, crossbar and footpack). Do drop by their showroom and inquire when you can; am not really sure how much it costs nowadays.

Sometimes may binebenta online (used) pero weather-weather lang yun.
    my plan is to buy a simple roof rack which usually comes with a crossbar and feet so all i need is only the roofbox from Thule. I will then use the crossbar if it's time to use the roofbox as i'm not going to need it daily. In that way it can save me from spending more for the thule crossbar and footpack, and i can have a spare roofrack for other purposes...
    i tried looking in eBay and sulit but Thule roofboxes are hard to come by....

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    san ba store ng thule sa philippines?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my plan is to buy a simple roof rack which usually comes with a crossbar and feet so all i need is only the roofbox from Thule. I will then use the crossbar if it's time to use the roofbox as i'm not going to need it daily. In that way it can save me from spending more for the thule crossbar and footpack, and i can have a spare roofrack for other purposes...
    i tried looking in eBay and sulit but Thule roofboxes are hard to come by....
    You'll actually have more luck finding the Thule crossbar and footpack second hand then a box.

*ForesterX, the Thule showroom is located along Greenhills-Ortigas Ave. along the service road entrance.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    thanks bro vinj, will check it out once i get back in the philippines.

10. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by swimstroke View Post
    THULE-EGR Showroom (Pasong Tamo)
    Ground Floor, Natividad Building,
    2308 Pasong Tamo Extension,
    Makati City
    Philippines
    632-892 78 47
    leversson*globelines.com.ph

THULE-EGR Showroom (Ortigas)
    Ground Floor, Equitable PCIB Building,
    Ortigas Avenue, West Greenhills,
    San Juan, Metro Manila,
    Philippines
    632-744 63 67
    leversson*globelines.com.ph

Kailangan ng mabisita yung Ortigas branch. :D
    here sir....this was posted in this thread but i believe they have a third showroom also...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Thule Boxes, Roof baskets/racks