New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    lantraluvr,

madali lang daw maghanap ng shop that does the conversion... kahit sa casa daw pwedeng ipagawa for 150K-200K

pajerokid,

mas mahal ang parts ng nissan kesa honda?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yes, we just bought a Serena QRV.
    Its our first Nissan actually.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    our first car was a nissan maxima. 8 yrs sa amin ito before we disposed it. namana ito ng brother ko from our dad, then nung college ako, ako naman ang gumamit. wala ako masabi sa performance ng maxima. now we have a 4x2 frontier and GU patrol. we had owned mitsus, hondas and toyotas. dito sa 4 jap brands, based on our experience, mitsu ang pinaka sirain/problematic. pinakamatibay toyotas. in between ang honda and nissan. pero mas lamang ang nissan kesa honda. yung crv kasi namin, napalitan na ang CPU, SRS airbag assembly, rear door hinges, auxiliary fan. the airbag assembly cost me around 20K (out of warranty na kasi).
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    boybi,

parang mas madali rin kalampagin ang hondas compared to toyota (indestructible! grabe! :shock. parang may reputation din yata ang nissans na sirain/kalampagin... do you think it's true now? parang dati yata oo

my family has never owned a nissan

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yung mga kalampagin na nissan, that was before.

we had a '90 sentra SGX back then. nagka problems ang suspension. pero suspension lang naging problem, yung engine, transmission, brakes, etc., problem free.

but our series 2 sentra lasted 10 years (1992-2002). no headaches at all, just the usual wear and tear. and even the replaceable parts like alternator, power steering, water pump, electricals, shocks, etc., took longer time to replace compared to the parts of other car brands we had.

pajerokid,

mas mahal parts ng nissan kesa honda?

it may be true sa surplus kasi medyo rare ang nissan parts sa surplusan.

pero try mo compare nissan original parts na galing sa casa compared to casas of other brands. i myself was surprised that many nissan parts are cheaper than that of toyota, honda and mitsubishi.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa mga series 1 sentras lang ata yung kalampagin. yung sa maxima namin parang wala akong naalalang problema. nagkaproblema pala kami sa compressor dati, twice kami nagpalit (hitachi brand), then pina-convert nalang namin to sanden. ok na.

regarding sa price ng parts, hindi po gaanong nagkakalayo prices ng jap brands sa experience ko.
    Signature

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sorry. but NO.

the only nissan i'm considering right now in the PI is the frontier. so unless i'm in the market for a pickup, tsaka lang ako punt sa nissan.

why?
    because i don't like the design. the sentra looks clumsy, the cefiro is clumsier, the patrol is humongous, and the serena ... well ... it looks weird, consider looking at the model it replaces and you'll see what i mean.

sorry nissan folks. i just don't dig your style right now. siguro kung yung last batch ng series3 na sentra, pwede pa.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    y not? grabe mga features ng sentra... patrol dn mukang mtatag kc ung safari nga super tibay e... may bnew na nman safari e kung pang off road mganda un... mdyo mbaba resale... sabi nga pla ng service adviser namen crain dw pang ilalim ng grandeur... ung sa frontier nman e ung tambutso 3 beses pinalitan...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    on parts.............

when i bashed my dad's terrano on a concrete pole and wrecked a fender flare, guess how much it sold for?

17 thou for a friggin piece of plastic!

For wear and tear parts, yes in general, nissan parts are at par with hondas in terms of price (not good). Im surprised no one knows this. But of course, that prices still depend on the actual items. Some parts more costly some cheaper.

on A/C.... nissans dont seem to have a "not so cold" setting. hehehe :D

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Nope, for 2 main reasons. Price and availability of parts, and their generally "uncool" look. That's my opinion, so shoot me. :D

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Survey! Please be honest :)