New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    "If you are going to buy a new car, would you go for a Nissan? Why or why not?"

please be honest peeps :D . . . just want your opinion :D

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    car? depende pa rin sa usage?
    please give specific model
    para madaling sagutin sir!

pero to answer your question

no!
    ill buy camry first before cefiro
    ill buy civic or corolla before sentra
    pati sa pickup ill buy strada (biased) before frontier

imho

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nissan? sure why not? it's worth considering...

full-size SUV: i'd take a Patrol over anything else (including a Trooper, Pajero, Prado, and Expedition) without a doubt. then have it converted to 4x4...

mid-size sedan: Cefiro gives the Camry and Accord stiff competition

compact sedan: while i'd prefer other cars to the Sentra, the Sentra appeals to luxury types nonetheless

pickup: a Frontier is arguably better than a strada or hilux or fuego or ranger, imo

minivan: hmm, well, the Serena has its appeal too (great interior)... if only it looked better on the outside

Nissan quality, reliability, and durability are on par with Toyota and Honda... parts are cheaper and more available than Honda parts i think

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if brand new..NO because of the low-resale
    but ill consider nissan kung 2nd hand car, at least bumaba na ang value so di kana lugi, dami pang luxury options. i like the previous cefiro elite than the old camry or accord.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kimpOy
    car? depende pa rin sa usage?
    please give specific model
    para madaling sagutin sir!

pero to answer your question

no!
    ill buy camry first before cefiro
    ill buy civic or corolla before sentra
    pati sa pickup ill buy strada (biased) before frontier

imho
    sir, ano po reason nyo why you chose camry over cefiro, or the civic over the sentra? any bad experiences with Nissans? :D

thanks uli! Nissan owner kasi ako e (medyo biased ako sa Nissan hehehe) just want to know what others feel about Nissans :D

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'd take the sentra (series 2 and 3, especially the ABS equipped SE saloon) over corolla ae101, ae111, lancer itlog and pizza pie, and civic EG and EK.

i'd take the cefiro over the camry, accord and galant.

but

when it comes to those mid 90s sedans, i'd take the ALTIMA over anything else. :D

the only nissans i don't like are the box type (series 1/B12) sentras. we had one before, dami problema sa suspension.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I like Nissans. Unfortunately, here in the Philippines medyo sub-par yung resale value nila compared to hondas, toyotas and mitsus. I really dont know why since Nissan is a very respectable manufacturer.

Parts are expensive though. Yung bnew spare parts nila are as expensive or even more expensive than hondas.

To answer your question, yes, why not? :D

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    kung suv's ang usapan..

no contest.

patrol na agad -- then convert to 4x4.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The aircon of Nissan's cars are great. If you want to experience the cold climate of Antartica in the Philippines than get a Nissan!

Off topic but where could you get a GU Patrol converted to 4WD?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I did considered Nissan as my number 1 option when we purchased the Safari.

And I will still make it as my number 1 option in different vehicle fields. :D

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Survey! Please be honest :)