New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    With all due respect to the smokers out there...

Imagine this... There's a car ahead of me that's moving verrrryy slowly, parang obstruction to traffic ("underspeeding").... I overtake, and take a look at what the driver is doing... Most of the time, in cases like this, naninigarilyo yung driver.

Question: is it ok to smoke while driving? 8O I don't like this, but I'd like to check with you guys. Sa tingin ko kasi mabagal yung maneho kasi distracted yung driver, parang yung mabagal kasi nagte-text o may kausap sa cell pero walang headset.

I'd like to understand this more, especially if I have no right to complain. Hanggang ngayon naman hindi ako nangmumura, o tumitingin ng masama, o nag-dirty finger.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yes sometimes I do smoke while driving, lalo na pagbusog ako, wala naman ksi akong naaalala na ordinance na pinagbabawal ito in a private vehicle ang alam ko sa PUVs lang at sumasabay naman ako sa flow at speed ng traffic while doing so. As for using my cell while driving I never do that pag hindi nakakabit ang headset, pag kailangang kailangan na magtext or tumawag I pull over sa tabi at saka lang ako tumatawag.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i sometimes do. :mrgreen: basta wala lang sa loob ng kotse yung nanay ko.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Question: is it ok to smoke while driving? I don't like this, but I'd like to check with you guys. Sa tingin ko kasi mabagal yung maneho kasi distracted yung driver, parang yung mabagal kasi nagte-text o may kausap sa cell pero walang headset.
    i do smoke while driving sometimes. i don't think smokers are as distracted as much as cellphone users coz they still have the ability to use both hands for driving and at the same time, smoking does not require much concentration to do nor does it take ur eyes off the road.

but there are its hazards (aside from the obvious health reasons) like when lighting it and/or when it accidentally falls inside the car or burns ur fingers or lips which takes one's concentration off the driving.

i guess one reason y some smokers drive slowly while smoking is coz the act of smoking is relaxing (contrary to what it really does).

still, i'd rather be on the road with a smoking rather than a texting driver. :wink:

5. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    im a heavy smoker and i smoke while driving. but i dont really get distracted by it. always, its when traffic when i light up a cigarette, never on a highway.:wink:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Dont smoke na in your car because there is an ordinance in the city of Makati(im not sure wether its makati only) that there is no smoking na in public even in private vehicle. Fine: 1-2 grand

7. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    i think sa buong makati public places pati sa loob ng sasakyan(public and private) bawal na magy0si. :evil:

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    edi.. overtake nln ng overtake :mrgreen: imho :|

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i guess one reason y some smokers drive slowly while smoking is coz the act of smoking is relaxing (contrary to what it really does).
    Coiter (nice nick :mrgreen, that's what i figured. Siguro nga yung relaxing effect ng yosi yung nagpapa-bagal sa iba. Buti na lang tsikoteers here like sauman are still considerate and go with the traffic's pace.

Anyway, it turns out that smokers do not necessarily drive slowly. Iba yun sa observation ko that most of those who drive slowly are smoking at the same time. Well, rather than let it upset me, overtake na lang gaya ng sabi ni odell.:|

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Dont smoke na in your car because there is an ordinance in the city of Makati(im not sure wether its makati only) that there is no smoking na in public even in private vehicle. Fine: 1-2 grand
    i think sa buong makati public places pati sa loob ng sasakyan(public and private) bawal na magy0si.
    last that i read and heard the smoking ban only covers makati (although some senator wants to make it nationwide) and public places and vehicles. there was no mention of private vehicles and/or establishments. i guess i'll have to do some more research just to be sure. 8O

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
smoking while driving