New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I've been in the market for a family car and was doing a research on the Sienna. We're more or less choosing between the '04 MDX and '04 Odyssey when the plush interior of the Sienna caught my fancy. Anyway, TMC is recalling almost 35,000 Siennas due to the fuel tanks being prone to damage and could cause a fire according to the NHTSA. During one of the IIHS's severe frontal-offset crash tests, a part of Sienna'sfuel tank was damaged. IMO, the earlier the better in finding faults para ma-correct agad. I'm still seriously considering the Sienna but the options could get expenssive. In fact, it could reach the RX330 price range with the feautures I prefer :whoa:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    BTW, the Sienna won a recent comparo in MT or CD (not sure) against the Quest and Odyssey.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may dilemma ka pa din pala on which Family Van to get. Pero Quest pa din ako...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if i was residing in the US and i need a van, my choices would be the honda odyssey or nissan quest.

but the 2004 quest will be having IMHO the best engine in the world right now, so this would be my choice.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    agree ako diyan...

i had driven oddysey and sienna so far, pero ang quest ang bang for the buck. lagyo ng agwat sa pricing i was about to buy an oddysey, pero noong natest drive ko sa dealer ang quest..hindi ko na binitiwan

super quiet ng engine and ang sarap ng suspension pag nagdaan ka sa hump or lubak parang crown victoria ang pakiramdam.

will be buying a 04 quest soon, hands down alang second thought. ganda pa ng interior ng bagong quest.

i have seen new sienna on the roads already parang hindi striking ang dating ng exterior...

of course asa taste iyan ng gagamit pero quest ala kang talo sa price and performance

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Here's CR's recommendations (model and price as tested):

1. Toyota Sienna LE - $28,188
    2. Honda Odyssey EX - $30,360
    3. Mazda MPV ES - $29,345
    4. Nissan Quest 3.5 SL - $27,780
    5. Dodge Grand Caravan eX - $29,390
    6. Chevrolet Venture LS - $29,745
    7. Ford Windstar SE Sport - $30,815
    8. Kia Sedona EX - $24,920

CR's Good all-around choices:
    Sienna
    Odyssey
    Quest
    The Sienna has better fuel economy, a quieter cabin, more available features (which quickly becomes costly), and offers all-wheel drive. The Odyssey has better handling. All three has spacious interior and a comfortable ride.

If compactness and nimble handling are more important:
    MPV
    The MPV is smaller than the Sienna, Odyssey, or Quest, which makes it feel almost as quick, roomy, or comfortable.

For used model, the 2001 Honda Odyssey is the best choice.

Sienna Recall