New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I just won a car as a prize in the SEO World Championship. It's a Citroen C2, it's a French car and has dealers all over Europe and some in the Middle East as well.

They are still working on sending the car. But I was also asking if I have other options. The has no dealer in the Philippines. For maintenance purposes in the future, baka walang piyesa.

Now, nasa US ako ngayon. Wala din dealer sa US. Kahit Canada to South America. And everything is taxed here. Tax for winning a prize, tax for importing. Baka problem lang. I might email the organizers and say could I get the cash value instead? Then maybe... with that money, I will fix my current '94 Toyota Paseo and do some body kit mods and buy another second hard car. I'm thinking of a Mitsubishi Eclipse.

I am not really into cars although I drive fast and crazy on the road. Just wanted to ask your opinion on the matter.

And the OT part of this post... about my win in the SEO World Chapionship is here.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Eventhough the C2 is a nice car... Better sell it or get the cash, hindi maganda ang reliability ng french... You will only be dissapointed and masakit din sa bulsa.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    First of all, congratulations on your win . You should have been in "Thumbs up Headquarters" IMO if you haven't been there yet.

About the C2, I would strongly advise you to get other option rather than owning it. As you said, you will never get the right "support" from your car as there are no dealers at all from where you are staying. There are just too many boll*cks that you have to go through just to get your C2 reach your garage, nevermind maintaining it.

BUT.........don't get me wrong as I don't want to slate the car even one bit. Eventhough C2 is a french car, it is very reliable. It is a city car designed for young-ish people who loves to have fun driving as it is quite a nimble car around town capabale of propelling from 0-62mph (0-100 kph) in just 9.5 secs. Not bad for a 1.6er. The fact that you know that you'll be the only one who has got a C2 around the country adds up to the appeal.

So in conclusion, if you want a car that makes other people turn their heads at you, you might want to reconsider and take the piss out of owning it, otherwise, take my first advice.

Goodluck

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Should you sell this car?

kung hindi lang magka problema sa Tax... do'nt

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Thanks for the advices.

Iniisip ko din... if paabutin ko pa sa US... bayad na ako ng taxes. Including importation tax stuff. Then I need to sell it, takot pa ako baka walang bumili.

So maybe I might as well just get the cash value than having them deliver it.

*GeneQuin - turning heads... maybe a point I should consider, pero pag mayaman na mayaman na ako. Right now... daan ko na lang sa ligo and ayos ng buhok. *LOL*

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    First congratulations. Second get the cash because you would have to make sure that car is US crash certified and smog legal for the US and California in addition to the taxes.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Definitely merun din tax yan kung dito mo ipadala ....pero it sure would be a nice car to have locally.

Citroen 206 is available from a local dealer in the Philippines, baka kaya rin nila i-service yan dito.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by wildthing View Post
    Definitely merun din tax yan kung dito mo ipadala ....pero it sure would be a nice car to have locally.

Citroen 206 is available from a local dealer in the Philippines, baka kaya rin nila i-service yan dito.
    May website ba yung dealer? And other contact info sana. Baka pwede ko din silang tanungin.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Congrats po sir!

My two cents lang po... It's a nice car but since you mentioned that there is no support for the car in the US or here in the Philippines, I suggest you get the cash value of the car.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    there used to be a Renault Service center here in the phil before but i don't know if they are still present and working.

But if its a diesle engines C2 with an A/T transmission, bring it here in the phil and i will buy it from you. If the price is right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Should I sell my Citroen C2?