New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    guys ano comment nyo dito? bad, good or no effect on the engine?

ako kasi, i just simply turn off the engine at idle, dami ko nakikita drivers reving up the engine before shutting down. i think its useless, oil just settles down the sump when engine shuts down, gastos pa sa gas when you rev up.

anyone who has a technical point of view?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    That is a stupid practice. Period. Kailangan pa ba ipaliwanag ito? hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    yabang lang cguro yun nag rerev before shutting down. sus. hehehe

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    wala kwenta..

waste of gas.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    old school habit of old school drivers with old school carbureted engines ... the objective is to fill the fuel chamber of the carb before shutdown, presumably makes the next start easier/faster ... it may have worked for some ancient cars but i'm sure it was unnecessary for the later carbureted engines, e.g., our 1955 chevy somehow benefitted from it but the 1982 colt mirage didn't need it

those who acquired the rev-before-shutdown habit also have the tendency of doing the pump-gas pedal-before-starting habit

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    This is useless. Unfortunately, old habits die hard and my Dad still does it kahit na nasabihan ko na ng ilang beses.

Yun namang pump-gas-before-start used to be the instructions in manuals of older cars with carbs. Sa XL90 twice pa nga.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    A waste of fuel!:aray:

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Waste of gas lang yan. You might want to read this as well: http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31255

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kinyo View Post
    old school habit of old school drivers with old school carbureted engines ... the objective is to fill the fuel chamber of the carb before shutdown, presumably makes the next start easier/faster ... it may have worked for some ancient cars but i'm sure it was unnecessary for the later carbureted engines, e.g., our 1955 chevy somehow benefitted from it but the 1982 colt mirage didn't need it

those who acquired the rev-before-shutdown habit also have the tendency of doing the pump-gas pedal-before-starting habit
    Soooo true!!!

Old habits never die.......

:starwars:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Old skul practice before shutting down yan. No longer applicable for the current gen of cars we have.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
reving up before shutdown?!