New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    however, it's comparatively harder to restore (and find parts for) a 60 Impala. typically the Impala market deals mainly with the 63 and 64 hardtop and convertible

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you have the money and time then go for it!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hi sir woodfire

now that youre looking at another project i assume tapos na yung mustang. post ka naman ng pics hehehe

heck, if I had the money I'd restore it. It would turn heads everywhere.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Depends really, if the floorboards and wheelwells have little/no rust, engine would need a slight overhaul or tune-up, a new coat of paint, minor interior refurbishments, then why not? But I'll only do the restoration up to the "driver" level only and not anything close to concourse, since IMO, the car is just a sedan and not the highly coveted 2-door Sports Coupe or the convertible. Keep in mind, you might end up spending more than the market value of the car.

Anyways, I'm a big fan of the "cat's eyes" of the 1959 Chevy Impala

enjoy!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    This '60 Impala sports sedan has a "pillarless" 4-door which, I was told, was pretty rare. It has a 3-speed manual tranny.

A quick look at the Hemmings Motor News show that prices vary from a low of US$ 8,000 to a high of US$45,000 (probably concourse-show ready example).

A check on the body shows it has no bondo and still all metal. the flooring though, is full of rust and must be replaced. The engine/tranny will be warranted to be working. The chrome trims are still ok but will need re-chroming.

However, from my lesson in restoring the '67 mustang convertible, its the trims and finishing parts that will suck-up your wallet.

Anyways, I'll take my time to decide on this one.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Chevrolet production totals for 1960

four-sedan sedan - 497,048

Note: No break-outs by series, model or engine available

Your four-door sedan has the pillarless windows or called Hard Top or HT for short. The "flat-top" design of the roof is shared with other GM branded vehicles of the likes of Cadillac, Buick, Oldsmobile, and Pontiac.

Four-door sedan with pillar are available from the Biscayne (the lowest trim level) as either Basic and Fleetmaster. The mid and top level trims, Bel-Air and Impala respectively, both have a 4-dr pillared sedan and the 4-dr HT sedan in their line-up.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Good info.

Anyways, I'll take my sweet time in deciding whether I'll buy this car to restore. Personally, I have preference towards 2-door classics.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sir woodfire,

Magkano po ang selling price ni turbo? Patapos na kami sa current project and this might make a good next one.

Kahit PM na lang po. Thanks! Btw, driver level restoration din lang siguro parang yung sa yellow Ford.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi Otep! You might as well get in touch with Deo. I'll PM you his mobile number (0917-5167702).

One good thing here is that sagot ni Deo yung engine/tranny. He's already rebuilding the engine and tranny.

What needs to be done is body work, re-chroming of trims, install decals, weather stripping, and paint. Original paint pa ang nakalagay. No "bondo" at all!!! No rust in the body, wheel wells, and rocker panels. But,you need to replace interior flooring and trunk flooring.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Otep,

Kund driver level resto, medyo madali na lang iyan. Deo is rebuilding the engine/tranny already so he'll definitely make it start and go!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
To Restore Or Not To Restore?