New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by squala View Post
    Mas maganda mahanap nyo yung part kung saan nilalagyan at nababawasan yung load amount. Astig yan pag hindi na nababawasan!
    Not sure if you're serious or not, but what the heck, I'll bite.

If they have any security brains at all, they'd keep track of the balance in their systems, not in the ePass device itself. ;)

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    I don't think they can replace the batt, you need to buy a new unit

Ganyan nga ang highway robbery dito sa SLEX....

I was thinking of tapping the car's battery via the cigarette lighter plug using a voltage regulator, scaled down to 3.6V.... It should work... What I am not certain though is, if the unit requires the power all the time for memory and other background tasks.....

4808:santa:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I also wanted to experiment sana for my old unit...just can't find the time...but I think hinde na rin gagana dahil nakabili na ako ng bagong unit

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    yung tropapips ko nakabili ng battery sa greenhills... siya lang nagkabit, last year yun hanggang ngayon nagagamit niya...

kung may time kayo, punta kayo dito sa binondo, yung mga stores na nakapaikot sa chinaplaza puro battery tinda, kahit anong battery meron sila basta may dala ka sample...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Reviving thread.
    Yung epass ko di na rin gumagana. Tumawag ako sa service center, palit agad gusto 1700 daw. Di daw nare-repair!
    Gusto ko sana buksan to pero wala ako makita screws. Naka-clip lang ba to? Pipilitin lang ba buksan?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Nakakita ako instructions on how to open the epass:
    Diy Epass Repair

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    my epass is almost 6 yrs na since i got it & i guess pretty soon it gonna konk out. nagtanong ako
    ng battery sa may festival mall, it's 1300 daw. damn expensive so i'm just think may be get a new
    epass replacement. sabi din sa akin ng tindera nga battery, marami na rin cla mga bumili pero mga
    magbabalikan kasi hindi din nagana.

How many here have replaced battery and it has worked for such a long time ?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    More economical to replace with a new one

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

9. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    I have stopped using my epass and wondered about this: if I am charged VAT for buying the load, then why am I still being charged VAT for the toll fee everytime I pass the toll booth?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    i saw a diy on how to change the batt. why change it? these batteries could be charged. charge it instead. let an electronics technician design a charger made from parts bought entirely from raon? the parts are; LM317 variable voltage regulator, a couple of electrolytic capacitors, etc.

a lithuim battery can be charged up to a max of 4.2vdc. it is to be plugged in the cigarette lighter for 2-3hrs. if you forget to unplug it, no harm done. oopppsss, because of this reply, mawawalan ng sales ang mga battery stores. cost of parts p100-p200. cheap, no?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Replacing the battery of the E-Pass