New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    After over half a decade's service my e-pass' battery died. I've opened it up and see a "SAFT 3.6V LS 1400" battery with 3rd party solder tabs.

The battery is identical to the below minus the solder tabs connecting it to the e-pass circuit board.

The e-pass solder tabs is different from the one that really comes from SAFT pictured below.

The battery costs $9-16.00

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Is this available locally? Malapit na ring ma-drain tong e-pass ko...

wala bang service ang nag-iisue ng epass? <sana di mo muna binuksan>

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    alam ko both the SLEX and NLEX will replace the batt but for a fee. ang problema, hindi naman yata sila nagbibigay ng service unit while they replace the batt. and it would take them a few days to return the unit to you.
    Signature

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    wala bang service ang nag-iisue ng epass? <sana di mo muna binuksan>
    i called the epass ppl and they told me i'll have to buy a new epass if my unit is busted. they wont replace the battery but will replace the whole unit. that's why i'm asking.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    im sure may mabibiling battery nayan at solder mo na lang

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    last time i asked it was 1.5k or something like that! wat fcking ripoff just to change the damn batteryyyy and i heard you could change it easily, just be careful at it.
    Last edited by kyle618; August 19th, 2006 at 12:55 AM.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Mas maganda mahanap nyo yung part kung saan nilalagyan at nababawasan yung load amount. Astig yan pag hindi na nababawasan!

As for battery, yup, bili na lang kayo separately pag walang ipapalit ang SLEX. Kung bago na dapat ang buong aparato, malamang money-making scheme na nila yan!

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Looks like battery problems also already for our e-pass. Anyone has a guide on how to replace the batteries?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I don't think they can replace the batt, you need to buy a new unit

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Replacing the battery of the E-Pass