New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolHack View Post
    Whitish spot baka me dissolved minerals (kasi sabi mo walang soap only water lang use mo) or "heavy" yung water mo. Kaya me residue na naiwan.

Brownish na grasa? Usually car shampoo natatangal na.

Use car window cleaner para sa windows. Polished+cleaned windows.

Never use cheap basahan/chamois-shammy/planela on your car. Use the better 3m car cleaner and drying rags. Pag tama rag mo, it feels like a rubber material not a cloth material. Less scratches on your top coat.

Yup I agree, pero problema lang eh yung mga carwash naman eh cheap chamoise ginagamit, unless di ka nag papa carwash ever and forever na ikaw mag lilinis nang car then this is not a problem

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by xander1925 View Post
    Yup I agree, pero problema lang eh yung mga carwash naman eh cheap chamoise ginagamit, unless di ka nag papa carwash ever and forever na ikaw mag lilinis nang car then this is not a problem
    Then it goes without saying that you need to look for quality car wash shops. Big Berts and North Performance, among the many ones I know, use proper cleaning materials and methods that prevent paint swirls and scratches.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    1. whats the difference between shampoo only vs. shampoo with wax?

2. whats a good brand of shampoo with wax? eto lang available sa ace hardware, formula1 carnauba wash and wax, simoniz wash and wax, polyglaze wash and wax

3. aside from ace hardware saan pa nagbebenta ng car shampoo?

4. what happens if i dont wash my windows with a good shampoo and instead rely on caltex boys in washing my front windshield?

sorry noobs talaga hehe

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    What the article didn't address is that using fully-synthetic motor oils (of the correct viscosity) will allow you to prolong the oil change interval, usually twice as long as compared to using dino/mineral oil.

Also, I disagree about the tire pressure listed on the door jamb as being the maximum pressure allowed. The REAL max pressure that the tire can hold is stamped on the sidewall. For instance, the typical 205/55 16 tires used on the Civic 1.8S has max pressure of 50-51 PSI, as indicated on the tire sidewall. However, the tire pressure listed on the door jamb as recommended by Honda is 32 PSI.
    It said the the tire pressure listed on the tire wall is the maximum pressure. The articles recommends using the manufacturer's recommended tire pressure which is usually found on the side wall.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by laswoosh View Post
    1. whats the difference between shampoo only vs. shampoo with wax?

2. whats a good brand of shampoo with wax? eto lang available sa ace hardware, formula1 carnauba wash and wax, simoniz wash and wax, polyglaze wash and wax

3. aside from ace hardware saan pa nagbebenta ng car shampoo?

4. what happens if i dont wash my windows with a good shampoo and instead rely on caltex boys in washing my front windshield?

sorry noobs talaga hehe
    3) meron sa Handyman sa mga ayala malls at sa DIY store

4) scratches...? oil film...?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Is it true na kapag may deep scratch (may mga puti na...) at ang ginawa mo lang solusyon eh wash and wax lang ay magkakaroon pa rin ng rust yung part na may deep scratch?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Mas maganda kung wala pang rust . Pamasilya na lang para hindi kalawangin.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by speed unlimited View Post
    Mas maganda kung wala pang rust . Pamasilya na lang para hindi kalawangin.
    how about put a "touchup" paint, dry then wash and wax?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    a (myth?) i was told by a car shop/paint shop is that paint breathes and has to be sealed. so kung paint mo lang kakalawangin pa rin. you need to seal it.

what that is (yung ginagawa ng Big Bert ba yun? paint seal protection?) I dunno.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolHack View Post
    a (myth?) i was told by a car shop/paint shop is that paint breathes and has to be sealed. so kung paint mo lang kakalawangin pa rin. you need to seal it.

what that is (yung ginagawa ng Big Bert ba yun? paint seal protection?) I dunno.
    so I need a sealant for it to seal?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Reality check on car-care myths