New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by remzam View Post
    Sabi nga nila, feel the engine. Kilalanin mo kotse mo. Pag humihingi, bigyan mo. Pag sumosobra, bawasan mo. Proper shifting. Don't rely on "at X speed dapat nasa Y gear ka"

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
    para namang eddie garcia ad...
    heh heh.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    yup tama sila lahat...

- more practice
    - feel the engine
    - shift at correct speed/rpm

sa case ko, i always shift at 2krpm...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Baltz View Post
    Guys makiki-singit lang pero usapang kambyo.

1. What will happen if you are running at 4rth gear. Then went to press the brake. Speed drops at around 20kmph. Tas apak lang ulit sa gas?

2.what if you are running at around 45-50kmph, brake momentarily.
    Shift to 3rd gear. Then car hesitates
    Yung bang sobrang pigil nya tumakbo lahit anong tapak sa gas. Ano po kaya ng yare pag ganon?

Sent from my ASUS_X00DDA using Tapatalk
    1. you can slow down but the revs will drop to a point the engine will stall. if this is an evasive emergency manueaver you won't have the engine brake to assist you and it will take a while to downshift. and if you stall you might lose brake pressure and steering assist. downshift if you need to slow down.

now accelerating from 20kph at 4th gear is called lugging. it's not good as explained by this guy

Why You Should Never Lug Your Engine (Especially Turbos) - YouTube

2. if the car hesitates then you're at a gear too high, downshift
    . this is still lugging...

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    para namang eddie garcia ad...
    heh heh.
    Doc, sino po si Eddie Garcia? Hehe

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006

1. What will happen if you are running at 4rth gear. Then went to press the brake. Speed drops at around 20kmph. Tas apak lang ulit sa gas?

Yung bang sobrang pigil nya tumakbo lahit anong tapak sa gas. Ano po kaya ng yare pag ganon?

What vehicle are you referring in the first place?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Singit din ito. Nowadays, with the popularity of a/t transmissions, less & less people learn to drive stick (manual). The best way to learn proper driving is by stick, knowing & feeling the proper gear shifts, not by looking at the speedo or the tach, but just by the sound of the engine. Knowing when to brake then what gear to use when turning & entering a street, approaching humps (maraming namamatayan ng makina dyan), quick gear downshifts when overtaking or changing lanes. The hand-eye-feet coordination honed driving manual is a skill you can never get driving auto. It is also a skill you can use in your auto with a sportronic tranny. DonÂ’t you know you have more control of the car in a bend with proper downshifts? How many times have I gotten myself out of potential trouble using proper braking, gear changes & modulation of the revs with the clutch? I insisted on my son learning stick in driving school & his friends are in awe.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sean-archer View Post
    Doc, sino po si Eddie Garcia? Hehe
    Si Manoy.

BTT. To add, different vehicles have different dynamics depending on the condition of tyres, thickness of brakes, gearing of tranny, engine performance, suspension ride quality, steering feel& ergonomics of controls. Practice and mastery of these dynamics lets you adapt to the car making it like part of your body whenever you drive it. Try switching cars after another..after another, and you'd know what i mean. There is also this saying that "a good driver is also a mechanic" which means the driver understands how the machine works..

8. Join Date
    Feb 2012

1. At 20kph, even nasa kalsada ka na slightly sloping downwards, medyo kelangan mo na mag-shift to 3rd gear kahit momentarily lang just to get the car up to speed para maka-shift ka sa 4th.

2. At 50kph dapat wala na masyadong hesitation at 3rd gear. Check your engine or transmission condition.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead000 View Post
    1. At 20kph, even nasa kalsada ka na slightly sloping downwards, medyo kelangan mo na mag-shift to 3rd gear kahit momentarily lang just to get the car up to speed para maka-shift ka sa 4th.

2. At 50kph dapat wala na masyadong hesitation at 3rd gear. Check your engine or transmission condition.
    Boss ano po mang yayare if nasa 4rth gear ka tas nag preno ka onti pero mabilis parin arangkada tas bigla kang nag down shift sa 3rd?

Yung sa sentra ko na 97 kasi kabisado ko pasok ng kambyo.

Yung sa almera ko ngayon medyo nalilito ako sa makina nya. Parang di kami nagkakaintindihan.

Thanks for your input

10. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Pakinggan mo lang makina. Know when to shift. Kahit anong car na dala mo, no need na sumilip sa rev and speed

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Proper Driving