New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Maybe local journalists need to read C/D. Yun talaga ang benchmark ko. They have been one of the biggest magazines since 1955 (then known as Sports Car Illustrated). They don't even need Jeremy Clarkson antics to deliver their point. They manage to be informative and entertaining at the same time.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip
    I have a very good friend who's into car reviews as a hobby more than anything else really-he once got a lot of heat for making a bad review about a certain tri-star japanese brand and they banned him from testing their vehicles for the better part of a year. He says there are two main reasons why motoring journalists don't put down anything bad, especially in the dailies.

1. The said manufacturer WILL pull out all current ads for their brand if they do.
    2. No future ads for an indefinite period of time.

Since ads are the lifeblood of newspapers and at the end of the day the journalists do still work for the daily, they cannot do anything that will jeopardize their source of income or risk getting axed.

eto pa malaking factor:
    Mahirap kasi baka mabugbog e! hehehehe
    hmmm... gives me the impression that local auto reviewers are very much like puppets on strings and in a similar fashion, they're like parasites that feed on & attach themselves to the car manufacturersl. As puppets, they can't cut the strings or they become inanimate and as parasites, they won't survive if they were to kill their life source. dang... one simple flagrant case is that of the innova d4d!!! almost always downplayed or never even mentioned by any local reviewer that i know of... these local reviewers aka journalists are remiss on their social responsibility to the consuming public in exchange for their own survival.. :swear:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    I trust the boys & girls of Top Gear & Fifth Gear. They talk about the car from a driver's point of view and the point of view of the public.

Like people shouldnt get the F430 convertable cause most owners are balding, old and over the hills. Rarely do you find a fit young man behind the wheel. Which is true in the Philippines.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    OA si Jeremy Clarkson!!! magsama sila ni Simon Cowell....

gusto ko si Vicky at Tiff (Nidell) ng dating Top Gear.... sila na ata yun nasa Fifth Gear eh...

Hot chick si Vicky sa race course, gusto kong makipag karera sa babaeng yon!!!
    nakaka turn on talaga sya mag maneho.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    hahahaha naalala ko yung race ni vicki at tiff where tiff drove an audi quattro while vicki drove an evo6. ginulangan ni tiff si vicki by cutting a corner to overtake her, so vicki did the same to tiff the next lap, and taunted him pa. of course, vicki won as well. :D

she's hot. heheh...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
PhilStar's Class over Crass