New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    The list is not bad at all and its quite reasonable. I mean, if they start harping about the Chery QQ's superb handling or how the Stavic should be the MPV of the year, or how those JAC, KAMA, Foton (counterfeit copies of Mitsu Canter) are actually better engineered and manufactured than the originator, etc....then we would know something is really lining up their pockets.

But anyhow I wouldn't want to read about Butch Gamboa's list (if he ever made one), bec. he will probably use up the space to talk more of sojourns here and there (insert exotic locale), courtesy of this so and so company (insert manufacturer's name). :D

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Dapat ang gawin nila Worst Car Picks 2008

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Of course, if you're going to criticize their lists, you'd actually have to go out and drive every single one of those cars, before saying any of them are crap.

Having done so, I'd say I'd disagree with the Vios Sport... because I feel that the 17" wheels completely ruin the ride/handling equation... the 15" tires on the G provide a more supple ride and better at-the-limit breakaway behavior than the crappy Yokohama dBs on the Sport. And no... seriously... no way is it an SiR successor... you'd have to point the finger at the Honda Jazz for being next in line for that title...

The only other one that I can outright say sucks would be the Foton... because long-term reliability is questionable... but of course, how is a reviewer to know much about long-term durability?

The rest... many good cars, many excellent ones... and if you disagree, you'd better have concrete experience to back up that disagreement... because claiming that the lists are "pass the envelope" types just ain't gonna cut it in a debate. ;)
    Last edited by niky; January 3rd, 2009 at 04:26 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Foton????? hahahahaha.

I wonder why he didn't pick Navara or Strada or even Hilux. hahaha.

That busts it IMO. lol.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    The list is not bad at all and its quite reasonable. I mean, if they start harping about the Chery QQ's superb handling or how the Stavic should be the MPV of the year, or how those JAC, KAMA, Foton (counterfeit copies of Mitsu Canter) are actually better engineered and manufactured than the originator, etc....then we would know something is really lining up their pockets.

But anyhow I wouldn't want to read about Butch Gamboa's list (if he ever made one), bec. he will probably use up the space to talk more of sojourns here and there (insert exotic locale), courtesy of this so and so company (insert manufacturer's name). :D

Our 'handsome' Stavic takes offense sir. Naka test drive na po ba kayo nun?

Baka nga mas ma impress ako kung hindi 'safe' at common yung choices eh. At least ma justify nila from their test drive experience yung choices nila. As far as legitimacy of the choices and critiques are concerned, tama si niky. Dapat na test drive mo kung ano man yung choice o kini critique mo sa choice nila.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
PhilSTAR picks 2008