New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    from Aida Sevilla Mendoza's (the Inquirer's own speed freak) column this Wednesday

These are the 8 cars which have been tested last weekend at Eagle Ridge Country Club in Cavite for the Sport Compact Class:

Chevrolet Optra 1.8
    Ford Lynx RS (2.0) - hahahaha... we're in!
    Honda Civic 2.0
    Hyundai Coupe (2.0)
    Mazda 3 2.0
    Mitsubishi Lancer (1.6)
    Nissan Sentra 180GT (1.8)
    Toyota Corolla Altis G (1.8)

Tests include 0-100, 100-0, brakes, revving, fuel efficiency and noise. Points are awarded for such areas as acceleration, braking, ergonomics, comfort, front-side-rear design, safety and value-for-money.

Apparently part of the confusion over Toyota's entry is that it is still deciding if it will provide units for testing. In the meantime, privately owned Toyotas are being used. BMW, Chevy, Dodge, Ford, Honda, Hyundai, Isuzu, Kia, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Peugeot, Suzuki and Volvo are the manufacturers who are actively participating so far.

P.S.: I know there's a thread about this already, (sorry altec!) but the article quoted stated different entries for the Sport Compact Class... these are the final entries.

Other Major Categories

Super-Mini of the Year Award (1.3 - 1.5)
    Best Asian Utility Vehicle
    Best Executive Sedan
    Best Luxury Sedan
    Best Compact Sport Utility
    Best Full-Sized Sport Utility
    Best Pick-up
    Best Van

Media Choice of the Year (vehicle that did not win its class, but which has the X factor)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Lets wait till February of 2005. But I have my top 2 already.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    iba kaya criteria nila from car&driver? kung pareho baka gayahin lang nila result ng comparo.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    i have my money on the civic, mazda and the rs 2.0

5. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    ako sa mazda 3 and lynx rs!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    hmm, d ko pa naddrive lahat yun e.hehe pero sa civic at mazda ako :D

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    3 at Lynx RS is me..more on the 3
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Criteria is 50% Objective (Performance) and 50% Subjective (Driver's Impressions)... testers came from almost all the different publications, websites and TV Shows.

(From Motioncars)
    For the qualitative test, journalists such as Aris Ilagan (Manila Bulletin), Dino Directo (The Manila Standard), Aida Sevilla-Mendoza and Tessa Salazar (Philippine Daily Inquirer), James Deakin (C! Magazine), and Paulo Subido (REV Magazine) lent their time and support for the project.
    ^^^That's a good selection... these are some of the most experienced road-testers and editors out there... plus they're not hardcore racers, so they can be a bit more objective in their assessment.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup yup!they'd rather drive than look at 'em on paper and say this is the best because it has the most HP unike some people in a cetrtain website.. :hihihi:
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    3 or lynx rs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Philippine Car of The Year Selection (Sport Compact)