New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    what reasons should a mall recquire you to park facing wall?

there are times its best to enter parking slot backing up since you can manuever safely that way or you can get out easily later...

Gateway and Alimall recquires you park that way....

i've racked my mensa accredited brain for the reason why pero.....0, zilch . nada
    Last edited by rlp1099; January 24th, 2005 at 11:47 AM.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    labo pero maybe iwas congestion cos of tight space? la rin ako maisip

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    hmmm...para you don't hit the wall kasi it is definitely easier to park facing the wall than back up into a wall, na pwede mong maatrasan kapag nagkamali ka, thus giving the mall a reason to say "i told you so" in case you do back up and hit the wall?

personally though, i like backing up into the parking slot...mas madaling lumabas afterwards eh. :D

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    sir, i think the purpose is so that there will be minimal soot that will be accumulated on the walls that will be coming from the exhausts of the vehicles.

ganyan din policy ng mga gas stations with tables for quick snacks outside. para d mabugahan ng usok mga kumakain.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO...

- if your exhaust is near a wall, exhaust fumes can easily build up and concentrate in that location only

- for most vehicles (cept pickups & full-size SUVs), the front overhang is longer than the rear. so parking facing the wall will maximize the parking space available (not to mention that access to the boot / trunk is easier)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I thought it was more for safety reasons since the backup lights of your car could readily be seen if you park facing the wall. I thought most covered parking lots have ventilators to take care of the exhaust fumes. Bawal din kasi to keep the engine running once you've already parked your car---at least here in power plant.

7. Join Date
    May 2004
    i agree with quindoyos.. para di dumumi ung white walls nila with the smoke comin out from the exhaust system..

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Galleria also requires cars to be parked facing the wall. Ewan lang kung laging nasusunod 'to. Minsan mahirap mag-park ng ganito if the wall is parallel to the path papuntang exit. Aatras ka pa, tapos maghihintay ka ng mabait na driver na pasisingitin ka habang umaatras.

Pero when parking in front of a restaurant, dapat laging facing forward, kahit may glass window between your car's rear end and the tables inside. Para courtesy na lang sa mga kumakain, 'di ba?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    for me masmadali mag park ng paatras

10. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by quindoyos
    sir, i think the purpose is so that there will be minimal soot that will be accumulated on the walls that will be coming from the exhausts of the vehicles.

ganyan din policy ng mga gas stations with tables for quick snacks outside. para d mabugahan ng usok mga kumakain.

this is the correct reason. this was explained to me by our building admin, i used to get a lot of love letters for parking the other way

whenever i can, i park backwards, maybe nasanay na lang ako but i find it easier. exception is when i go to the grocery, mahirap mag load pag nakatalikod and baka tumama pa yung cart sa gilid ng car ko

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Park Only Facing Wall