New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by wrecker
    whenever i can, i park backwards, maybe nasanay na lang ako but i find it easier. exception is when i go to the grocery, mahirap mag load pag nakatalikod and baka tumama pa yung cart sa gilid ng car ko
    agree. ;)
    Last edited by baiskee; January 24th, 2005 at 02:10 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    FORD and GM both recommend you back into parking spaces with their full-size SUV's because that is the only practical way to park them in confines space.

I don't think fumes on the wall would be a problem, though, because the exhaust pipe faces sideways.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    salamat sa mga replies

I was going to reply to the "most heated" thread sa forums pero in the long run sabi ko that device will go the way of Zagu, Shawarma and Rice in a Box

yup smoke from tail pie causing dirt on walls , back up lights to alert in coming traffic when coming out from your slot etc.

seems logical nga

backing up the wall...well there's a cement barrier/hump para may allowance ka so you won't hit the wall and space for you to open trunk (most malls puwede 'to)

in the case of Ali Mall and Gateway mukhang preventive lang
    so their wall won't get dirty

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    And isa pang dahilan, mas mababa ang headroom ng front hooded vehicles. Minsan may mga mabababang pipes or vent housing na posibleng tamaan kung paatras lalo na sa matataas na sasakyan.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by wrecker
    whenever i can, i park backwards, maybe nasanay na lang ako but i find it easier. exception is when i go to the grocery, mahirap mag load pag nakatalikod and baka tumama pa yung cart sa gilid ng car ko
    ...yup, parking backward or with the rear against the small hump or a wall would be a burden for bagboys loading up the grocery in your trunk. parang sa makati supermart in alabang (sounds weird huh), ang hilig nilang magpark na nakatalikod tapos makikita mo yung mga grocery tumatama sa side ng oto para ikarga sa trunk. worse kung pilitin isikisk yung cart sa gilid para malapit sa trunk.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    natuto na ako dyan (but nevertheless eh i still always park back first)...

may seminar ako nun sa AIM (makati) and had to park in their basement parking... medyo masikip, at may mga ducting ng aircon nila... so dapat talaga front first para tama lang sa hood, may clearance pa in relation to the ducting... eh ang anga anga ko... inuna ko likod.. pickup ang dala ko with carry boy... atras sige... naramdaman ko parang kumontra na... silip ako sa side mirror... kita ko malayo pa naman... atras pa sige.... next i heard may basag.. nakoh... tigil na ako... baba ng sasakyan... sinilip ko sa likod.. ayon... yung rear glass window ng carry boy basag... napwersa na pala sa ducting ng aircon nila.... di na ako nag reklamo sa AIM.. katangahan ko rin naman eh...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    dati nabaliko yung antenna ko dahil sa ducting, kaya ngayon retract muna bago mag park

8. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    kahit sa SM manila eh park facing the wall din... pero dun logical kasi diagonal ang parking

9. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    ako naman i park facing the wall, sometimes even if the parking bldg (or whatever) doesnt require it. kasi ang tendency ng mga tao, is when they park backwards..they will park all the way. meaning, hihintaytin nila tumama yung rear wheel nila and then stop backing up. ung bang pasok na pasok sila sa parking slot. ang sa akin lang is safety na rin..so i think mas ok na park facing the wall, kasi you tend not to park all the way thru, kasi baka tumama yung engine brace mo or something else, so yung backside of your car is well-seen with others. para alam ng mga ibang tao kung meron pang slots available or not.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    PARK FACING WALL
    OTHERWISE UNIT OWNERS WILL BE CHARGED WALL RE-PAINTING FEES

That's the sign at a prestigious condo community...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Park Only Facing Wall