New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2004
    Like what they do here in London, para mabawasan ang congestion ang ginawa nila lahat ng sasakyan na papasok ng city of London babayad sila ng toll fee. Naglagay sila ng cameras sa paligid ng city na naglolog ng lahat ng plate no. ng sinuman na tumawid or pumasok ng nasabing bounderies. Toll fee ay pwedeng bayaran sa ibat-ibang shop or gas stations. Napaka-clever ng sistema dahil walang pwedeng makaligtas sa pagbabayad ng toll unless na palitan mo ang plate no. mo pagpasok mo sa boundery. Kung di ka naman magbayad ticket na lang ang dadating sa 'yo sa post. Pag di ka pa rin nagbayad, court na ang kasunod nito.

Also every year bumabayad ang tao ng tax ng kanilang sasakyan and it is based on your engine size not on the size of the vehicle. Sobrang istrikto rito sa sa traffic regulations, kahit pa prime minister ka ng London pag nahuli ka ng over speeding, titicketan ka talaga ng police. Walang pinipili.

Yong sa France I don't think na mangyayari yon.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Why ban my vehicle just because it has a working front axle and a little shifter beside the big one?

Aint that stupid.

So this means I have to buy another vehicle just to get to drive in Paris?

Isnt that a waste of resources? My current vehicle is perfect compromise for the work I do, the places I go to and the stuff I haul.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    guys, remember we're not in Paris

4. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    the bad thing about the french is that they're french. (I got that from somewhere)

they have always been the only country that uses another country to fight their wars for them coz they can't seem to do any better by themselves. (look at their history)

they just want to be avant-garde (and that word is French, by the way) so they think that they may be doing themselves a favor by passing that resolution but in my opinion (mine lang ha), they may be setting themselves up for being anti-American again. SUVs were born in the US of A and were conceptualized there, as a matter of fact.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by racerx
    the bad thing about the french is that they're french. (I got that from somewhere)

they have always been the only country that uses another country to fight their wars for them coz they can't seem to do any better by themselves. (look at their history)
    ahahaha!!! That's true Monty! But remember France nearly conquered Europe under Bonaparte. This went downhill from then, i guess....

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think medyo drastic nga yung ginawa ng mga pranses, but i think that konti lang among them ang magagalit with regards to it since konti lang talaga gumagamit ng SUV doon nung nandun ako.
    I think they prefer their compact cars kasi nga mahirap talaga parking sa kanila. Tsaka they like to park along the street at pinagkakasya talaga nila, tama nga yung "don't stop until you bump" way nila of parking.
    To compound this, Europeans,especially the french are VERY patriotic in the sense na mahilig sila mag support ng sarili nilang products such as Peugeot(?), etc, even their busses are french made (yung pangalan ng old race car driver na magaling).
    I guess all this is because of the increase in traffic in cities due to easier movement within the EU itself. (Isang Visa nalang kelangan for 20 countries ata!)

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    siguro forward looking at mga french, di na nila paabutin na majority ng sasakyan ng mga tao maging SUV, kagaya sa states, sobrang ma benta ang mga SUV/ at mala ford explorer ka laki na SUV.

Nakakatawa dati yung segment sa Top gear, nun nag drive yung host na Hummer H2, hehehe pagnakasalubong sa daan, wala na makadaan, dahil sa laki ng hummer, at panay at masakit tingin ng mga driver nakakasalubong nya, kasi puro ala kia pride/honda jazz kotse ng mga tao.

sa pilipinas, dapat mag lagay sila ng width, at length restrictions, regardless kung suv, kotse, pedicap, tricycle. yung naman ang basis eh, length at width, at di naman kung ano classeng kotse.

saten, majority ng mga suv, eg pajero, patrol, hirap na hirap mag navigate sa mga sidestreets, pag may nakalasubong sa sidestreet, pasensyahan na lang sa pag maniobra para makadaan.

siguro saten pwede partial road ban, yung sidestreets di pwede trucks, at certian width na kotse/suv, hassle minsan kasi pag may nakakasalubong ka na buwaya sa daan kasi anlaki ng kotse/sasakyan.

dapat mas set ng stadards kung ano ang acceptable width at lenght

8. Join Date
    May 2004
    Tingnan nyo naman ang streets ng Paris. Dapat lang na ipagbawal nila ang SUVs! Napakasikip naman siguro kung dumami pa ang mga SUV sa daan. And on top of that, the pollution that these SUVs would bring to the people! Sobrang maarte ang mga Parisians. Baka matakot na silang mag-tambay outdoors for lunch or indulging their Espresso on miniature coffee cups! He he he!!

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    ngek, luma na pla to.

medyo makitid nga ung streets nang paris. puro peugot 206 ung nakita ko dun noon. karamihan hatchback mga tsikot nila. ok lang sigurong pagbawal - kung sa ikagaganda ba nang traffic nila eh.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    I've been to France and I understand the reasons given by the Paris city council in wanting to ban SUVs. I think their decision is ideal for Paris and not entirely ideal in ours. Yes, both our countries have traffic & pollution problems but the difference in political will, culture and attitudes towards SUVs makes the of banning SUVs here in Metro Manila political suicide. Almost every Pinoy loves almost everything popularized by Americans like SUVs. Politicos loves SUVs as they're a symbol of power & wealth. SUVs are ideal because our roads are crap & often times flooded and peace of mind it gives in the chance of accidents.

The French losing every military engagement is an exageration and a bad stereotype created and perpetuated by flag waving, redneck Americans who seem justified in invading countries that are magnitudes less powerful than they are. It's as if you said all Filipinas are domestic helpers.

Also the French have this thing called the Foreign Legion (a branch of the French armed forces) that accept foreigners into its ranks. This is not to be confused with them using other countries armed forces to do their bidding. It is closer to outsourcing.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Paris to ban SUVs